Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Our Sky experience this morning...

This is a discussion on Our Sky experience this morning... within the Sky happiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; We recently decided to get Sky HD+ after seeing it in action on my mums television. We thought about it ...

gezandkaz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01924
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Smile Our Sky experience this morning...

We recently decided to get Sky HD+ after seeing it in action on my mums television. We thought about it a while and then ran into a Sky salesgirl in Tescos! We decided to sign up there and then and arranged an installation date of the following weekend.
      In the week up to the installation I went on the internet to read up on potential pitfalls for installation/dish placement etc.There appeared to be forums full of problems with installation from grumpy engineers to slapdash installation and a lack of willingness to go anywhere near a roof. This last point bothered me as I was in a bungalow with the gable end facing the wrong way. The dish would have to either go on a pole or the chimney and I much preferred the chimney as it was squat, reinforced and would handle a dish nicely.
      That will teach me to study forums on the internet! The engineer arrived at the stated time and took exactly 45 mins to install everything. He was courteous, efficient and indeed suggested the chimney as a suitable placement for the dish. He secured his ladder with an eye bolt. Wore a climbing rig and helmet and was totally professional. Absolutely no problems. I gave him a little something as we were not paying for installation and he had been very efficient throughout. Problem free installation. The HD is superb too!
      Last edited by gezandkaz; 11-10-10 at 09:47 AM.

2. Advertisement
      MMAFan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Our Sky experience this morning...

It's nice when people go out of their way to post positive experiences, as forums like these can be skewed by the problems.

Also good to hear of professional installers doing a great job!

Now enjoy all the great HD viewing :-)

Paul.

spud_gun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

I agree, I do first line tech. for Sky (phone/broadband) and I admit I've got a pretty skewed view of the service purely because people only call in because it's broke, just for the record we do do customer satisfaction surveys for call centre staff (me) but nothing really for the TV installers, that I know of. I shall look into this though and report back

totalwar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bermonsey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky HD T1x2
      Thanks

I been with Sky for many years never had any problems with many installs and been a happy experience for me every time.