Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cannot access Sky Go using Internet Explorer 11

This is a discussion on Cannot access Sky Go using Internet Explorer 11 within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have never had a problem accessing Sky Go but for the last couple of days I get "The Webpage ...

HamMan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fareham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Cannot access Sky Go using Internet Explorer 11

I have never had a problem accessing Sky Go but for the last couple of days I get "The Webpage Cannot be found" HTTP 404 Not Found. However it can be accessed on Chrome and Firefox, although due to the need for Silverlight have to use an IE tab on Chrome.

I am wondering if this has been caused by a recent Windows 10 update. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      joe pineapples is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBAL. (Balby)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Re: Cannot access Sky Go using Internet Explorer 11

They've just launched the new Sky Go app for Windows and probably disabled the old web links. Need to test it for longer but so far so good. If you google sky go, it should take you to the download page.

*edit* didn't notice your post date, but I just had the same thing this morning and got the app instead.

HamMan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fareham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks

Thankyou for the the reply Joe. I have downloaded the Sky Go app but am not impressed, video jerky on wifi or direct via Ethernet to my router and Fibre unlimited. Have raised concern via the feedback on the app.

joe pineapples is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBAL. (Balby)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Ah not good. I'll be testing some more later through the tv but seemed ok on the monitor, windowed or full screen.

morgee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burnham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Q Silver Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

So........................ Sky Go on my WIN10 desktop PC is useless. I launch it, it asks me to log in, I log in and the screen just goes white/blank. Been like that for ages. Decide to go online via the Sky website to watch some sport. I'm told I need to download and install the new desktop player to view video content. I do as instructed and then launch the new desktop player. I get a message telling me to press a button to head over to the Sky Sports website, sign in and find something awesome to watch. I press this button, sign in and I'm told I need to download and install the new desktop player to view video content.................................. Well how very helpful is that I ask myself? I deduce, all by myself without recourse to any sort of call centre help desk, that it isn't at all helpful! In fact it's down right frustrating as well as being annoying and very unhelpful!
      Having been out of the country for the previous four months whilst this new desktop player was released, can somebody please tell me how I go about watching live Sky TV particularly sport on my home PC. What's the secret?
      Any replies please in very simple baby terms because I'm old and get lost if 'PC jargon' is used.

5amp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: sky unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Hi I am having the same problem so what I did I went on my wife account on my PC and I got the old version of sky go also on my daughters account the same. I would recommend you do that or open another account on your pc when I downloaded it on Monday it messed up my pc I had to do a restore.

morgee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burnham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Q Silver Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

The issue with using Sky Go on a Windows PC is Silverlight. Silverlight was required but all browsers are binning support for it hence the problems. Sky have released a new version. That news however isn't good because the new version is a pile of poop with many failings. See the discussions on Sky support.

JSWolf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

The SIlverlight usagage for Sky Go for Windows has now stopped. When you try IE, you will not get in and you have to download the new Sky Go desktop program. I cannot say if it works or not as I am on vacation and won't install it it until I am either home or finish watching all the previously downloaded programs.