Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree3Likes
    • 2 Post By Tony1044
    • 1 Post By bubblegun

Sky Go Extra + Multiscreen = new 12 month subscription?

This is a discussion on Sky Go Extra + Multiscreen = new 12 month subscription? within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - I did do a search but couldn't find it. I just found out ...

Tony1044 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01623
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: BT Business HUB 3
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Go Extra + Multiscreen = new 12 month subscription?

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - I did do a search but couldn't find it.

I just found out that as a multiscreen customer I can have Sky Go Extra at no monthly fee.

However, the initial screen has this little gem: "12 months minimum subscriptions apply."

So my question is - if I were to activate the free subscription (laughable considering the cost of everything!), do I enter into a new 12-month contract for either the package/Go Extra or both?

Cheers.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Re: Sky Go Extra + Multiscreen = new 12 month subscription?

I'm not sure where you saw that there is a minimum period of 12 months, but looking at this page it appears that there is only a cancellation period of 31 days to worry about.

Sky Go: UK customers require a Sky HD or Family Bundle subscription to access TV Box Sets on Sky Go. UK / Ireland only. Streamed via broadband/3G/4G/WiFi (charges may apply). Available on two registered compatible devices (content may vary). Some live TV programmes will be unavailable (go to - go.sky.com). For compatible device and software requirements click here . Sky Go is not currently compatible on PCs with Windows 8 or Macs with OS X Mountain Lion. Sky on your Xbox 360 requires Xbox Gold Live subscription. Sky TV Customers: Selected live channels and on demand content available in line with your Sky TV subscription at no extra cost. You'll need Sky Movies 1&2 or Sky Sports 1&2 Packs for on demand Sky Movies or Sky Sports.Non-Sky TV Customers: Subscriptions 15 - 40 per month - price will increase on 1 December 2014. Monthly subscriptions renew automatically until you unsubscribe.

Sky Go Extra: Sky TV customers only. No extra cost with Sky Multiscreen, otherwise 5 extra a month. 31 days notice to cancel. Register up to 4 Sky Go devices, concurrent viewing on two devices. Download selected Sky Go content via WiFi (Unavailable on Xbox 360). Content depends on your Sky TV package. Movies/Sports Pack(s) required to download movies/sports. Max 2 downloads per programme. Content deleted from device 48 hours after viewing starts or no later than 7 or 30 days after download depending on content.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I appreciate your help but it's not hidden: Sky Go Extra: download content to your mobile device and watch offline

See the image (highlight is mine)

Sky Go Extra + Multiscreen = new 12 month subscription?-sky-go-extra-12-month-minimum.jpg

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Ok, I stand corrected then.

There does appear to be a 12 month minimum term for Sky Go Extra.

I guess an important question for you would be do you intend to cancel your Sky subscription or more importantly the Multiscreen subscription in the next 12 months?

If this isn't the case, then go ahead and sign up.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post

I guess an important question for you would be do you intend to cancel your Sky subscription or more importantly the Multiscreen subscription in the next 12 months?
      Hmm.. well I don't plan to but I'd prefer not to be locked into a new 12 month contract either. The threat of being able to cancel has helped with out of warranty repairs and all sorts of thing in the past so I'll probably pass on this one.

Appreciate the help. Still doesn't strike me as obvious though as they contradict themselves in the link you shared. <sigh>

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hmm.. well I don't plan to but I'd prefer not to be locked into a new 12 month contract either. The threat of being able to cancel has helped with out of warranty repairs and all sorts of thing in the past so I'll probably pass on this one.

Appreciate the help. Still doesn't strike me as obvious though as they contradict themselves in the link you shared. <sigh>

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry about the double-post...it was done on my phone and appeared to show it hadn't posted first time round.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

So I asked Sky via their contact page.

Just received the following reply:

Hi Tony

Thank you for getting in touch with the Sky Go Team.

You only need to have Sky Go Extra for 30 days and provide 31 days notice to remove the service. We are in the process of having the website changed as the information you've noticed should refer only to new broadband subscription services.

Thank you for highlighting the problem and enjoy your Sky Go Extra service once you've added it to your account (it can take up to 4 hours to activate the service once you've added the service).

Thanks
      Kevin
      Sky Help Centre
      Scubbie and seawright like this.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

There does appear to be a 12 month minimum term for Sky Go Extra.

If this isn't the case, then go ahead and sign up.
      News to me!

We've always been told it was 1 month minimum term on Sky Go Extra.

The multiscreen has 12m minimum term though after 31 day cooling-off period.

<EDIT> I see it was clarified in a later post.
      Last edited by bubblegun; 24-04-15 at 02:28 AM. Reason: I see it was clarified in a later post.
      Scubbie likes this.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky