Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Yahoo Mail down – Web email service NOT WORKING for hundreds of users across the UK

This is a discussion on Yahoo Mail down – Web email service NOT WORKING for hundreds of users across the UK within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yahoo Mail down – Web email service NOT WORKING for hundreds of users across the UK - Latest News Lanes ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Yahoo Mail down – Web email service NOT WORKING for hundreds of users across the UK

Yahoo Mail down – Web email service NOT WORKING for hundreds of users across the UK - Latest News Lanes
      Yahoo Mail is down right now with the popular email service not working for hundreds of users.

Many are reporting issues with accessing Yahoo with the problems starting at around 9.30am this morning.

Independent website Down Detector has received hundreds of reports that Yahoo Mail is struggling with access to its servers.

The outage tracker monitors social mentions around certain topics to detect when services go down across the world.

The Down Detector outage map is showing issues across the UK and some parts of Europe.

Yahoo Mail users have also taken to social networking sites today to voice their frustration at the outage.

One user tweeted: “This is not the service I expect from a big company. Get it fixed now or you will really start losing customers.”

While another posted: “Yahoo down and for a big company they should be ashamed of them selves, Pathetic, constantly have problems and generally is very slow.”

It’s currently unclear what is causing the issues but one user has confirmed that they can only receive messages via their Android device but can’t send any emails.

The web version of the email service also appears to be down with many users complaining they can’t log in.

This is not the first time Yahoo users have faced issues with the email service.

Last November the popular mail supplier went offline twice in quick sucession leaving hundreds of customers unable to access or send messages.

In a message to its users Yahoo said: “We’ve received reports that users are unable to send emails from the iOS default Mail app due to an invalid username/password error.

“Our engineering team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

“In the meantime, the Yahoo Mail app should be working normally.”

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: Yahoo Mail down – Web email service NOT WORKING for hundreds of users across the UK

Currently I am having issues using some of my yahoo accounts, but not the sky email accounts. I'm unable to access yahoo.co.uk, yet I am able to access yahoo.com.

Once on the yahoo site I can't access an email account, it just times out.

This issue appears not to be limited to just Sky. I've attempted to access it via my mobile phone with the same issues.

These issues have been raised by the people in Sky with Yahoo!.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Yahoo Mail down – Web email service NOT WORKING for hundreds of users across the UK

It's back now, at least for me.

Thanks

It's improved, but there ar still issues.

Try navigating to www.yahoo.co.uk

Edit: Ok, that's weird. I just clicked on the link I posted and it worked, yet typing the address failed.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Hello All
      I could never understand Why Sky changed to Yahoo it has never been in the Top Email providers & there
      are always problems with yahoo service I do not use yahoo very often but retain My Sky email account more
      for Old Times Sake than anything else.......
      I assume Sky changed Providers on grounds of Cost ?
      I would think that a Company the size of Sky with there influence would look for a more reliable provider
      than Yahoo.

Just a Thought...............Have a Good Weekend !!!!

Thanks

Yahoo! have always been a reliable webmail & pop3 service until recently. It's served me well for many years. Sure it doesn't offer many bells and whistles, large attachments are blocked and some of the servers are opened up to the US Government. The genuine Yahoo! accounts also allowed you to use their Yahoo! Messenger, which at its peak was a good service in its day. Sure it was a choice between Hotmail or Yahoo!, but it held it's own. Sadly most people don't use Yahoo! Messenger now and Hotmail Messenger was killed off my M$.

IIRC wizard200, when Sky switched to Yahoo! Mail they did get to increase the life of the email account and increase the storage space available.

For me two things have let down Yahoo! recently. Their huge data breach and the recent drop in service quality, which has been going on for a while now. Their groups had a problem recently with posts not going out and groups becoming unavailable.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,611 Posts

Sky email was much better when it ran through Google, there was never much down time. I think cost was the main reason for the switch.
      Scubbie and wizard200 like this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

skyeci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: ECI CAB - 8800nl v1 (bridge mode) + i5 Qotom OPNSense with IPV6
      Thanks

I have found for months my imap profile takes for ever to load on my s7 phone. I setup a new email address with outlook to test the imap profile against sky/yahoo. no problems with Outlook after a few days. Had my sky email address for 10 years but in the process of moving to outlook completly.
      billion 8800nl V1 (bridge mode)
      Qotom i5 Opnsense with IPV6
      Asus RT-AC88U - as wap

ECI CAB- G.INP disabled 8th April 2016

click for ECI line stats/8800nl V1

click for line stats by Pi3/Huawei

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skyeci View Post
      I have found for months my imap profile takes for ever to load on my s7 phone. I setup a new email address with outlook to test the imap profile against sky/yahoo. no problems with Outlook after a few days. Had my sky email address for 10 years but in the process of moving to outlook completly.
      I use the Yahoo! Mail app on my phone. Generally I have no issues with it accessing both my Yahoo! and Sky email accounts.

skyeci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: ECI CAB - 8800nl v1 (bridge mode) + i5 Qotom OPNSense with IPV6
      Thanks

I do like the feature of Outlook being able to 1) import all my old sky email at the push of a button and 2) it can retrieve my sky email that is still coming through automatically with out much fuss. job done. eventually I will just delete my old sky email account.
      billion 8800nl V1 (bridge mode)
      Qotom i5 Opnsense with IPV6
      Asus RT-AC88U - as wap

ECI CAB- G.INP disabled 8th April 2016

click for ECI line stats/8800nl V1

click for line stats by Pi3/Huawei

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast