Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problem trying to sign out from Sky Account

This is a discussion on Problem trying to sign out from Sky Account within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I am asking if anyone here can help because after more than a fortnight I have been getting nowhere ...

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Problem trying to sign out from Sky Account

Hi,

I am asking if anyone here can help because after more than a fortnight I have been getting nowhere with Sky Customer Support.

Every month since 2008 I have logged in to my Sky Account (https://skyid.sky.com/signin/mysky) to download my bill. For the last couple of months (at least) the Sign Out button has failed to log me out - it leaves me logged in, although switched back to the My Sky home page (https://secure.sky.com/mysky-homepage).

I tried clearing the browser cache, deleting cookies, even deleting history, but this had no effect. Closing the My Sky tab also had no effect - if I subsequently browsed to a My Sky page in a new tab I found I was still logged in. Closing the browser did result in logout, however.

I later found that this occurred in the same way on both my Windows 7 Pro systems (one 64-bit, the other 32-bit) using Firefox 29, but the problem did not occur in IE11 or Chrome.

I asked Sky for help via email (web form) and have so far received 6 emails in reply. Most have focussed on Sky Yahoo email logout from IE, which is not entirely relevant as I do not have a Sky Yahoo email account. None has suggested anything I had not already tried several times.

Fifteen days later, I received the advice "In order to logout from Sky Email account, I request you to click on home icon and towards top right corner you will find an option to signout." This really is the limit - I no longer have any great expectations of knowledge in CS staff, but I do think anyone working there should at least take the trouble to look at the question before copying and pasting the first answer that comes to hand.

In desperation I ask in this forum: has anyone else come across this problem?
      JPL

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Problem trying to sign out from Sky Account

It looks like a problem with Firefox, rather than the Sky site. Could I suggest you try starting FF in Safe Mode and see if the problem is still there?
      https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...sing-safe-mode

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Thanks. I did some more troubleshooting this morning.

When first investigating I found that disabling the usual suspects (NoScript & AdBlock Plus) had no effect, but gave up too soon suspecting that something on myaccount.sky.com did not play well with Firefox (although I find that differences between browsers - except for Chrome's woeful [awofful?] attempts to display woff fonts - are rarely significant nowadays).

I eventually tracked the problem down to the Clean Links extension. Fortunately this is easily enabled/disabled via a button on the tool bar.

P.S. I received this error on submitting my reply, although it occurred after the post had been accepted:
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/newre...treply&t=56043
      PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 0239AD12
      JPL

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,205 Times in 2,074 Posts

Sky have been changing how the log in works on their site recently.

One improvement allows you to log into just one part now, where previously you would have to log into the website and their forums separately.

Also their site uses session cookies. If you close the browser you should find that you will need to log in again later, although I haven't done this on the web site myself, I know this is normally required in the forums.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms