Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By mchampignon

If it ain't broke dot' try and fix it - Sky - you have boobed with Yahoo

This is a discussion on If it ain't broke dot' try and fix it - Sky - you have boobed with Yahoo within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Absolute shambles. Doesn't know it's spam from it's trash. doesn't know its genuine emails from its trash or it's spam. ...

poor1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If it ain't broke dot' try and fix it - Sky - you have boobed with Yahoo

Absolute shambles. Doesn't know it's spam from it's trash. doesn't know its genuine emails from its trash or it's spam.

Why has Sky dug this hole for itself when it had the most efficient server there was?.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: If it ain't broke dot' try and fix it - Sky - you have boobed with Yahoo

If you get any spam messages coming through, send them as attachments to: spam@sky.com

I have been doing this already.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Glad I jumped ship and opened another Googlemail account.

I did lose some important emails as the transferring of emails was not complete before the switch, but not the end of the world.
      No way would I be staying with Yapoo email. Someone in sly is having a massive backhander, methinks! But sly's reputation goes down the pan yet again!

dog-man

benaline is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poor1 View Post
      Absolute shambles. Doesn't know it's spam from it's trash. doesn't know its genuine emails from its trash or it's spam.

Why has Sky dug this hole for itself when it had the most efficient server there was?.
      To actually try and answer your question; no one seems to actually know any details add to why this ludicrous change was ever considered, let alone made. I can only imagine whoever was involved in making it must have been hugely ill informed, or getting a huge backhander . . .

A few other concepts and comments here:

British ISP Bombards Users With Deleted Emails - Slashdot

mchampignon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01304
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Smile Re: If it ain't broke dot' try and fix it - Sky - you have boobed with Yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by poor1 View Post

For your Information/Amusement(?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Message Follows:

Enquiry Type:

Sky Email and Tools technical help

Description:

Dear Technical Support,

My first issue is that I wish to be able to be able to show images in my received emails by default. I thought that I had found the appropriate setting, "Show images in emails" - "Only from my contacts and certified senders". This seems fine, but there is no way that I can find to "certify" a sender. The only way I can find to enable the setting is to "Add Sender to Contacts". This is simply unacceptable; I have no wish to clutter my contacts list with the details of numerous entities to whose emails I subscribe. The "Contacts" are in my opinion, supposed to hold the details of people I know or businesses with whom I deal, not a mailing server. Please advise if there is a solution or work-around for this issue.

Another issue that I have is that when accessing the mail portal "Contacts" tab, the message "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors" pops up. This is not something you expect or want to see when visiting a "secure" page I think you would agree? Once again, please advise if there is a solution or work-around for this issue.

My final issue, (to date!), is with the tabbed view of an individual message. It seems to be a great idea, until you scroll down to read the message, and the WHOLE PAGE scrolls down rather than just the message pane as is the norm. There is therefore the necessity to scroll back up to the top of the page before anything else can be done. This is NOT very "user-friendly" nor does it aid "productivity". Is this a "feature"? Hopefully not, and it can be changed somehow? Please advise me if this is possible.

Finally, I am very disappointed that the move has totally messed with my "Contacts" data. This is because the Yahoo contacts fields lack the depth and customisation capabilities of Google's. My information has simply vanished.

Please say "Sorry" (please say it sincerely too!) I would be interested to know if anybody else has raised any of these points with you?

So to close, it seems to me that the move from the familiar and well proven "Google" provider to "Yahoo" has not been as successful and glitch free as I am sure you would have hoped it to be, given that by the time the move was first announced to us, you would have I believe, been may months into the project.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick J Higgins

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: mchampignon@sky.com
      Sent: Tuesday, 9 April 2013, 23:30
      Subject: Re: Sky Email and Tools technical help (KMM16679825I15977L0KM)

Dear Mr Higgins

Thank you for your recent email.

We are currently experiencing a very high demand for our email services due to issues that are impacting some of our customers during the switchover to Sky Yahoo! Mail. If your email is regarding this, please go to our dedicated webpage at https://my.sky.com/mysky/makethemost/sky-email/info/a2h/?DCMP=dmc-skycom:ec_make-the-most_sky-email_info_a2h where you will find our help & support information and latest updates.
      Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Regards,

***NAME REDACTED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT***

Sky Help Centre

Sun, 14 Apr 2013 at 1:48

Re: Sky Email and Tools technical help (KMM16679825I15977L0KM)

To: Sky Help Centre

Dear Technical Support,

All I can say is that I'm disappointed.
      Im disappointed that you obviously have not read a single word of the body of my email, but simply the subject line.
      Im disappointed that due to the shambles you find yourselves in, you obviously had no alternative but to reply to me with this poor excuse for a 'standard reply'.
      Im disappointed that the 'dedicated webpage' to which you directed me seems to be a forum for the (mostly) unanswered pleas of my fellow Sky subscribers, my 'niggles' pale into insignificance in comparison to their continuing problems!
      At least I have email, and my small stash of archived messages seems to have made it through intact.
      My contacts, as I mentioned have been 'pruned' down to the bare minimum of information, those I will have to rebuild myself. That task, along with my archives I will have to move elsewhere to a less volatile environment well away from the toxic beast that is "Sky Yahoo! Mail". As a consequence, I will have to bid a fond farewell to my prized and much loved "mchampignon" email persona... alas, I am no longer a "Fun guy"
      I wonder if I will be getting any response to this message, (maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get one of your 'standard responses' directing me again to the "Angry Sky Customers" website!)
      I wonder if human eyes will ever read this, maybe smile a little, maybe chuckle?
      I wonder will it disappear altogether into some sort of "Sky Yahoo! Mail Black Hole"?
      I wonder whether you'll miss me when I'm gone, and my 80-odd per month subscription too?
      I wonder if you care either way? (By that I mean "Corporate Sky", not you "Tech Guy/Gal". If you exist, I feel your pain!)
      I wonder if I'm going slightly mad!
      Anyway, it's been a therapeutic/cathartic/fun experience writing this, so... whatever!

Yours sincerely

Patrick J Higgins

P.S. Now I know why Yahoo! has an exclamation mark in its name, perhaps you should add one to Sky!

jaydee likes this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mchampignon For This Useful Post:

jaydee (18-04-13)

benaline is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Nice letter, and reply (from you, not sky!). Also brings up a few other shocking problems and omissions sky/yahoo have completely bungled!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to benaline For This Useful Post:

mchampignon (14-04-13)