Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Setting up additional user

This is a discussion on Setting up additional user within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I'm trying to set-up an additional user for a Sky email address. I've followed this link Sky User - ...

DRGW is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0117
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Setting up additional user

Hi

I'm trying to set-up an additional user for a Sky email address.

I've followed this link Sky User - How to add additional user email accounts

I've entered all details required but where it asks "Please enter a valid email address for this user" I enter *****@sky.com (***** replaced with the user name) I get a message informing me that I can't use a Sky email address for security reasons!

I'm confused. I want to set-up a Sky email address what else would I enter here?

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Setting up additional user

Lol.
      I went through the same thing.

For 'security reasons' sky insist that you use an email address from another provider.

I thought "hang on, if i already had an email address from another provider, i wouldn't need to be setting this one up".

The official advice is literally to set up an email account with, say gmail or hotmail & enter that address in the field (completely removing the need to set up a sky email account )

This might be frowned upon, but i got around it by entering a completely fictitious address.
      It had, like 40 very random characters.
      As long as it ends with '.com' it'll work, but be warned. If you ever need to change your password (which sky may request one day) you won't be able to.

Router:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      Lol.
      I went through the same thing.

For 'security reasons' sky insist that you use an email address from another provider.

I thought "hang on, if i already had an email address from another provider, i wouldn't need to be setting this one up".

The official advice is literally to set up an email account with, say gmail or hotmail & enter that address in the field (completely removing the need to set up a sky email account )

This might be frowned upon, but i got around it by entering a completely fictitious address.
      It had, like 40 very random characters.
      As long as it ends with '.com' it'll work, but be warned. If you ever need to change your password (which sky may request one day) you won't be able to.

How bizarre. Luckily I do have a gmail address which I hardly use. I'll use this one. Thanks

Router:
      Thanks

Right it's letting me do this. However I've made a boob!

Earlier today I went into my main email account and set-up a new account there, putting the email address for my additional user.

It says that the user is already set-up and won't let me accept it. On the account settings I can't verify it! I've deleted it on account settings now but still can't set it up.

What can I do to get this working?

Thanks

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRGW View Post
      Right it's letting me do this. However I've made a boob!Earlier today I went into my main email account and set-up a new account there, putting the email address for my additional user.It says that the user is already set-up and won't let me accept it. On the account settings I can't verify it! I've deleted it on account settings now but still can't set it up.What can I do to get this working?Thanks
      Choose a different email address for your additional user.