Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 60k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sky Email

This is a discussion on Sky Email within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; you get 5 email address's all of which are webmail based....

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 100
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky Email

you get 5 email address's all of which are webmail based.
      "To help would be a great adventure"
      Listen to the all new 24hr SkyUser Radio http://www.skyuserradio.co.uk/

Come join us for a game @ TeamSkyUser

2. Advertisement
      mfletcher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I've been googling but i cant see how to add extra email addresses except by making a phone call to sky, i hoped there would be some web based administration

- Matthew

Ratti3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      I believe its done via the portal (www.skybroadband.com), but its slow so can't test it :/

mfletcher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It seems ok to me (although i am used to dialup), but after searching for some time i cant see how to add new email accounts. Either via logging in as my existing account or someplace else.

As regards your outlook2003 setup guide, very usefull. Being a linux user myself i can confirm that it works ok with kmail/thunderbird.

I used pop.sky.com and smtp.sky.com (have looking at the uptime graphs on netcraft.com).

I was slightly disappointing that no SSL/TLS encryption is used for sending and plain text authentication is used for both send and recv.

- Matthew

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Being a linux user myself i can confirm that it works ok with kmail/thunderbird.
      ahhh we have a candidate for doing the kmail and thunderbird guide

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 100
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mfletcher View Post

I was slightly disappointing that no SSL/TLS encryption is used for sending and plain text authentication is used for both send and recv.

- Matthew
      they did say they would supply a smtp server but without support so i suppose encryption is to much to hope for, they wasn't even going give users access to smtp it was going to be all web based
      "To help would be a great adventure"
      Listen to the all new 24hr SkyUser Radio http://www.skyuserradio.co.uk/

Come join us for a game @ TeamSkyUser

Ratti3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      @mfletcher

Have a look under my profile, then there's a small link on that page that takes you away from that portal. I then could not connect after that point.

grumsta is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hinckley (EMHINCK)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      To create additional sky.com email addresses, first go to www.sky.com, login using the main account, go into "My Sky" and follow the options to create additional accounts, complete with usernames and passwords.

The new email addresses will be in the format username@sky.com, and you can create accounts like fred.bloggs if you want your email address to be in the format fred.bloggs@sky.com

Note that when you create the additional accounts, there's a box where you type in an email address. This can be anything at all, and DOESN'T affect the name of the @sky.com email account created! (e.g. if you create an account called "fred.bloggs" and put in an email address of "fbloggs@sky.com", the email address will still be fred.bloggs@sky.com). The email box appears to have no effect at all, it's all controlled by the username! Probably a legacy from the www.sky.com site before they even thought about buying Easynet and doing their own emails.

Once the accounts are created, each of them should be able to log in via the www.skybroadband.com portal to send and receive emails.

You can access the portal from anywhere (I can do it via my work PC for example).
      Last edited by grumsta; 22-09-06 at 03:56 PM.

BGonaSTICK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It's my understanding that the email box is for your CURRENT address, as they emailed my confirmations there.

cullimore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Crowthorne
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by grumsta View Post
      To create additional sky.com email addresses, first go to www.sky.com, login using the main account, go into "My Sky" and follow the options to create additional accounts, complete with usernames and passwords.

The new email addresses will be in the format username@sky.com, and you can create accounts like fred.bloggs if you want your email address to be in the format fred.bloggs@sky.com

Note that when you create the additional accounts, there's a box where you type in an email address. This can be anything at all, and DOESN'T affect the name of the @sky.com email account created! (e.g. if you create an account called "fred.bloggs" and put in an email address of "fbloggs@sky.com", the email address will still be fred.bloggs@sky.com). The email box appears to have no effect at all, it's all controlled by the username! Probably a legacy from the www.sky.com site before they even thought about buying Easynet and doing their own emails.

Once the accounts are created, each of them should be able to log in via the www.skybroadband.com portal to send and receive emails.

You can access the portal from anywhere (I can do it via my work PC for example).
      When i enter my username and password, it comes up with the following:
      "You do not have the required permissions to access this service"

Anybody know why??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast