Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Outlook Express with POP3 - password requests

This is a discussion on Outlook Express with POP3 - password requests within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have just spent the whole morning trying to get Outlook Express to sync with Sky Mail. Followed all the ...

narbuckle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Smile Outlook Express with POP3 - password requests

I have just spent the whole morning trying to get Outlook Express to sync with Sky Mail. Followed all the instructions but did not succeed due to continual requests for passwords, followed by error messages.

Went through the configuration process several times using all the tweaks suggested by other forum members - to no avail.

Finally....I came across a thread from someone who suggested the following - AND IT WORKED!

Try this.......you are in Outlook Express and hit the Send/Receive button. When you get the inevitable message prompting you for a password, which never goes away do the following:-

In the box which holds your username and password, replace your username with username@sky.com.

Worked for me so I thought I'd pass it on.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Outlook Express with POP3 - password requests

It is good to know that you have solved this but the answer could have been found here, namely that you have to have your full sky email address in the username field, this applies to all email clients and not just Outlook Express:

New Sky Email SMTP and POP Settings (powered by Google)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Outlook Express with POP3 - password requests

If you put it into your account settings, you will not get the pop up at all.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.