Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Anyone got IMAP to work with Sky?

This is a discussion on Anyone got IMAP to work with Sky? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Anyone got IMAP to work with Sky? Hello everyone, new to this forum but not new to forums in general ...

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hello everyone, new to this forum but not new to forums in general and not new to setting up email accounts either but Sky have beaten me!

Has anyone got imap to work using sky's own email (which is actually google) I can get imap to work using google no probs but can't get it to work with sky. Sky web page instructions for settings imap.tools.sky.com smtp.tools.sky.com advanced tab check tick box This server requires encrypted connection TLS port 993. For outgoing server 587 TLS. I'm using Outlook 2007 with Vista and it just can't make the connection, I just get connection failed??

2. Advertisement
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Anyone got IMAP to work with Sky?

Not to worry everyone -got it working myself now, it appears Sky have provided the wrong instructions on their website - now that's a surprise This server requires an encrypted connection should be SSL not TLS However, it kept causing instability with Outlook for some unknown reason. Google however have a solution for anyone using POP3 but want to get their emails off multiple machines (which is what I want) type in the word "recent" before username in your POP3 client e.g. recent:joeblogs@sky.com and it works a treat, now getting all mail on all PC's from all users.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Thanks Faust - useful info. Stickied.

Fats25 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01732
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have the same issue. However Outlook 2003.

Has been working fine with POP3 on my PC, but decided to change to IMAP as I am about to be using it from different machines in different locations.

Getting the same/similar issues. The connection to the server is unavailable - this is using SSL though, and still getting the issue.

Strangely - SMTP outbound is also failing as well since I changed to IMAP. As soon as I change back to POP3 (different outlook profile) with same settings it works!

Obviously I am switching the mail settings from POP3 to IMAP through web browser.

Any ideas? Known issue?

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Have you disabled POP3 in the settings and selected IMAP instead then remember to save? Then go into your preferred client e.g. Outlook and put in the following settings IMAP.tools.sky.com and smtp.tools.sky.com Don't forget in the advanced tab incoming server is 993 and SSL whilst outgoing server is 587 and TLS.

I have got everything working fine now with IMAP, all three PC's collecting mail. I just wish I could get Outlook to open with multiple accounts instead of just one.
      Last edited by Saturday; 28-03-08 at 10:20 PM. Reason: . . . and you quoted the whole of the preceding post because?

willsdad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've tried all the settings om the Sky help page and all of those I've found here and still can't get Sky email to work with Outlook 2007 (Vista Basic). I've tried to set up both POP and IMAP and neither works. I've tried enabling both at the same time in webmail, and disabling one while I set up the other.

When I click test account settings it either times out or just keeps asking for my user name and password but won't log in (I'm using myusername@sky.com and the password I use to log in to sky webmail).

Sky being their usual helpful selves say there's nothing wrong with the advertised settings and say contact Microsoft. I've managed to set up both POP and IMAP using Googlemail (and I've tried changing the server and port settings to match those in Googlemail but that doesn't work) and GMX accounts with no problem at all so don't think it's my machine .

I've also tried using the basic 'Windows Mail' client but that has the same problems as Outlook 2007. Anyone any ideas!?!?!?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

works perfectly for me...using SSL (port 993) in Outlook 2007
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willsdad View Post
      I've tried all the settings om the Sky help page and all of those I've found here and still can't get Sky email to work with Outlook 2007 (Vista Basic). I've tried to set up both POP and IMAP and neither works. I've tried enabling both at the same time in webmail, and disabling one while I set up the other.

When I click test account settings it either times out or just keeps asking for my user name and password but won't log in (I'm using myusername@sky.com and the password I use to log in to sky webmail).

Sky being their usual helpful selves say there's nothing wrong with the advertised settings and say contact Microsoft. I've managed to set up both POP and IMAP using Googlemail (and I've tried changing the server and port settings to match those in Googlemail but that doesn't work) and GMX accounts with no problem at all so don't think it's my machine .

I've also tried using the basic 'Windows Mail' client but that has the same problems as Outlook 2007. Anyone any ideas!?!?!?
      You must only enable one or the other i.e. POP or IMAP don't have them both enabled and do make sure you click "save" before exiting. I take it you are manually configuring the settings in Outlook and not asking Vista to do it automatically aren't you as it won't work automatically. Also and just a thought, you aren't clicking on "test account settings" until after you have completed the whole process are you? You wouldn't believe how many people do that before completing the advanced tab settings though given that it's on the first page you can understand why it happens - poorly set out really. Finally don't forget tick the box outgoing server smtp requires authentication and then in advanced tab incoming is 993 and SSL and outgoing is 587 and TLS - this is for IMAP. There's nothing more to it - if you've got your Sky email working then it's foolproof.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

i have both enabled and it works fine...with 993 SSL and 465 smtp...dont see what the issue is...

however, i turned IMAP off again as i dont need it and i have remote access to my PC so its easy anyway...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Dave37 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hooton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I can send and receive in Outlook2007 using IMAP, but cannot download headers only. I keep getting headers and message. I've been into send/receive settings put check mark against 'in' folder and clicked 'download headers only'. Have tried changing different settings but still get whole email. What am I doing wrong.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast