Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Change Default email address

This is a discussion on Change Default email address within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Please can somebody tell me how I can change the default email address that I have been assigned?...

Black Dog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01926
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Change Default email address

Please can somebody tell me how I can change the default email address that I have been assigned?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVSEF
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Asus DSL-N55U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Change Default email address

you cant. you can create additional addresses but the original will always be the main account...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Your original account is based on your username that can't be changed hence you can't change that email address.

StarmanUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EASTF
      Broadband ISP: O2 Home Broadband Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Shame they don't allow you to add aliases like Telewest/Virgin Media did.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You can add up to 9 or 10 email accounts against the main account given to you by sky. This means that not only can you hopefully get the email account you want but so can family members that use the PC/ BB.

drmjf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01258
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Yes you can change the name of your email account - I have done it!

Here's how (there may be a quicker way to navigate some pages - but this worked for me);

Changing the main email account which was given by default when signing up to Sky.

1. Preparation.

1.1 You will need your payment account number ready, as well as the viewing card number.
      1.2 It may be helpful if these instructions are printed out.

2. Create a Secondary Account, which will become your new main (Primary) account.

2.1 You need to create a Secondary Account (which will after following these instructions then become you Primary or Main Account).

2.2 Go to Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment

2.3 Click on “My Sky”. Under “My Profile” click “Edit my profile”

2.4 Scroll down to “Manage Additional Users” and click “Manage Additional Users” then click “Set up an Additional User”. Create your new user. Sign out.

2.5 You will need to confirm the new account by going to Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment and sign in with your new email address and password (top left hand side).
      Then click “Emails & Tools” which takes you to; Email & Tools | Sky.com then click “email” You will be met by a page which asks you to confirm the Conditions of the account click the box, and agree to the conditions.

2.6 If you wish to receive your emails via your email client (program), before you can add your additional user to your email program you must switch on POP access.

2.7 Click Mail Settings at the top of the Sky Email page. Then Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab in the orange Mail Settings box.

2.8 Depending on the protocol you have decided upon, select either Enable POP or Enable IMAP.

2.9 Click Save Changes.

3. Making your new Secondary Account into the Primary Account.

3.1 Sign into My Sky (https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky ) with the Secondary Account name.

3.2 Under “My account summary” click the link which states “Upgrade to Primary User”

3.3 Click the circle by the words “I am the bill payer and should be the Primary user”

3. 4 It will then give you the message “Select this option if you believe someone in your household had signed up as the Primary user (i.e. the bill payer) in error” Just Click on “Next”

3.5 This is when you will need to input your payment account number ready, as well as the viewing card number. You will be greeted by the following instructions; “If you are a Secondary user, please answer TWO of the following questions. All other users, please answer ONE question”

These are the questions;

Primary account holder's username – input your original default sky email address.
      Viewing card number – self explanatory.
      Last six digits of payment account – self explanatory.

If you enter data incorrectly an error message comes up warning you that you only have two more tries left! – make sure your data is correct.

3.6 You then click on the instruction – “Create Sky ID.”

3.7 – you will then be greeted with the words;

“Congratulations - you are a Primary user!

If you'd like others in your household to enjoy the benefits of being a Secondary user on your account, select Manage Additional Users under Manage Profile where you can add up to 9 additional”

3.8 Then click on the words “Finish” you will be taken to;
      https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky

4. Deleting you origninal account.
      This is done via "Manage additional users" (see above).

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,482 Posts

Very comprehensive. It may be worth turning this into a Tutorial once it has been confirmed*

*No offence, drmjf, but these things have to be confirmed before they are accepted as gospel, unless of course, it is shown somewhere in an official Sky page.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider / TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Vegas33139 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01752
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drmjf View Post

Here's how (there may be a quicker way to navigate some pages - but this worked for me);

Changing the main email account which was given by default when signing up to Sky.

1. Preparation.

1.1 You will need your payment account number ready, as well as the viewing card number.
      1.2 It may be helpful if these instructions are printed out.

2. Create a Secondary Account, which will become your new main (Primary) account.

2.1 You need to create a Secondary Account (which will after following these instructions then become you Primary or Main Account).

2.2 Go to Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment

2.3 Click on “My Sky”. Under “My Profile” click “Edit my profile”

2.4 Scroll down to “Manage Additional Users” and click “Manage Additional Users” then click “Set up an Additional User”. Create your new user. Sign out.

2.5 You will need to confirm the new account by going to Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment and sign in with your new email address and password (top left hand side).
      Then click “Emails & Tools” which takes you to; Email & Tools | Sky.com then click “email” You will be met by a page which asks you to confirm the Conditions of the account click the box, and agree to the conditions.

2.6 If you wish to receive your emails via your email client (program), before you can add your additional user to your email program you must switch on POP access.

2.7 Click Mail Settings at the top of the Sky Email page. Then Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab in the orange Mail Settings box.

2.8 Depending on the protocol you have decided upon, select either Enable POP or Enable IMAP.

2.9 Click Save Changes.

3. Making your new Secondary Account into the Primary Account.

3.1 Sign into My Sky (https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky ) with the Secondary Account name.

3.2 Under “My account summary” click the link which states “Upgrade to Primary User”

3.3 Click the circle by the words “I am the bill payer and should be the Primary user”

3. 4 It will then give you the message “Select this option if you believe someone in your household had signed up as the Primary user (i.e. the bill payer) in error” Just Click on “Next”

3.5 This is when you will need to input your payment account number ready, as well as the viewing card number. You will be greeted by the following instructions; “If you are a Secondary user, please answer TWO of the following questions. All other users, please answer ONE question”

These are the questions;

Primary account holder's username – input your original default sky email address.
      Viewing card number – self explanatory.
      Last six digits of payment account – self explanatory.

If you enter data incorrectly an error message comes up warning you that you only have two more tries left! – make sure your data is correct.

3.6 You then click on the instruction – “Create Sky ID.”

3.7 – you will then be greeted with the words;

“Congratulations - you are a Primary user!

If you'd like others in your household to enjoy the benefits of being a Secondary user on your account, select Manage Additional Users under Manage Profile where you can add up to 9 additional”

3.8 Then click on the words “Finish” you will be taken to;
      https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky

4. Deleting you origninal account.
      This is done via "Manage additional users" (see above).

This worked a treat - many thanks.