Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

SKY.COM/UNLOCK. Username / Password mismatch?

This is a discussion on SKY.COM/UNLOCK. Username / Password mismatch? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I have had Sky Broadband for a week. I have two sky.com email addresses. I initially had problems accessing ...

James S is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01342
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SKY.COM/UNLOCK. Username / Password mismatch?

Hi

I have had Sky Broadband for a week. I have two sky.com email addresses. I initially had problems accessing and using these on my Outlook Express 6. I contacted Sky Broadband Technical Support via their emailed support enquiry form, and they sent back some instructions. These involved the account set-up in Outlook, Mail Settings in the Sky email and finally going to a page 'sky.com/unlock' which I understand unlocks the POP.

I followed these recommendations for my first Sky email address and it worked perfectly first time. I can access, send and see the emails on Outlook Express. However when I replicated these changes for my second Sky email address everything was ok until I reached the 'sky.com/unlock' bit. (If you do not process this bit your Outlook Express will not work for that email address and will keep looking for username and password everytime you try to go in).

At this point, on the 'sky.com/unlock', you have to enter your username and password, so I entered these exactly as I was doing to get me into mysky and / or my email account. For some reason on this 'sky.com/unlock' it told me 'username and password do not match'. After many fruitless emails to and fro from Sky Broadband Technical they finally suggested I change the password for mysky and email, wait 48 hours and return to the 'sky.con/unlock' and it would work. Well I have done this and it still does not work - 'username and password do not match'!

Has anyone else had this problem?

One thing that is a bit strange is that if I use the password that Sky originally gave me when I got broadband (the one that is a jumble of numbers and letters and which they advise you to change the first time you log on which I did) on the 'sky.com/unlock' bit it works and says I have successfully unlocked or 'captcha' is the word used. Unfortunately as this password is not related to my log-on or Sky email it does not free up the Outlook Express. I have also noticed that this original password is still relevant to my Sky Profile as well and it will not let me change it to the one I am using to log in etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated guys.

James

2. Advertisement
      James S is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01342
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: SKY.COM/UNLOCK. Username / Password mismatch?

Hi again guys

Well Sky Broadband Technical gave me the answer in the end and now it might seem obvious.

In my last paragraph I said that the only password which would be accepted in the sky.com/unlock for the particular username was the original jumble of letters and numbers issued at the outset by Sky. So, in effect, this password was unlocked against that username.

Sky told me to change the password for that username in my Outlook Express to the (unlocked) Sky one and, bingo, it works. Now all my emails work in Outlook Express as well as Sky email.

May be someone else will come across the same problem so hope this helps.
      Thanks for your interest.

James

GarryP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: cannock
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks James, I've had the same problem but your suggestion has worked

DOROTHY.BAKER is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01823
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I've been trying to set up a 2nd address for over 6 weeks now, and simply can't get it to work, no matter what i try.

i've tried unlocking, resetting, changing new address, everything.

so fed up i'm going to investigate another email program.......

any ideas?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Have you called Sky tech support? The webmail team may need to manually reset your account password.