Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can't access Sky BB Email via POP3 or online.

This is a discussion on Can't access Sky BB Email via POP3 or online. within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there For the past 24 hours or so I have been unable to collect or log into my Sky ...

chagle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can't access Sky BB Email via POP3 or online.

Hi there

For the past 24 hours or so I have been unable to collect or log into my Sky BB POP3 email using my email client - it was 100% and settings are 100% correct.

I am also unable to sign into the portal via www.skybroadband.com

Is it just me or does anyone else have the problem.?

Glen.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Glen

There are a number of posts on the forum with regards to the problem of logging into the sky portal so please do a search for that, as for the logging into the email via pop3 I have just tested it and it seems to be working fine.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

bktyee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by chagle View Post
      Hi there

For the past 24 hours or so I have been unable to collect or log into my Sky BB POP3 email using my email client - it was 100% and settings are 100% correct.

I am also unable to sign into the portal via www.skybroadband.com

Is it just me or does anyone else have the problem.?

Glen.
      I had the same problem. I only connected yesterday and although I haven't seen much problem, I was unable to get to that url.
      After 20 minutes with the helpdesk, they told me that (maybe) there were some WebMail problems and this may be the cause.
      Eventually I rebooted (and also renewed the IP address of all my adaptors) and now I could access the url.

However, I still cannot log on for love or money. I have been told by the helpdesk that my Sky.com ID and password is the same so I know I am using the right credentials.

Hope this helps.

chagle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I know my username and password details are correct.. personally I think Sky have a problem...

Obviously works for some.. I have had no issues loggin' into the portal and access POP3.. until yesterday.

I have rebooted many times to no avail...

One day it'll work!

Fortunately I have my own Domain/Email - so I'm not that bothered. But it would be nice for it to work...!

Glen.