Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky should refund 1 monthly payment for error problems

This is a discussion on Sky should refund 1 monthly payment for error problems within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; [RIGHT]I have plenty of problem with Sky new Email service and I believe they should move to another ISP like ...

steveppeat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01332
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky should refund 1 monthly payment for error problems

[RIGHT]I have plenty of problem with Sky new Email service and I believe they should move to another ISP like supanet. I have lost mail including sky losing an application form for a job that failed to be delivered.
      I believe sky should refund at least 5 for the errors caused when moving over to google.

I have follow the changes and input the correct information into outlook express, but cannot access sky mail, and now outlook have been asking for a password knowing the outlook as the password.
      I have been informed Sky google mail have many faults including software error in forwarding and pop, Express outlook software error in some windows opertating systems and software cannot understand 465 and 995.
      Microsoft was not been informed that sky was using these codes or having additional setup pop.tools.sky.com The extra dot after tools is the fault it should have been input pop.toolssky.com to make the software understand the server location.
      Sky customers want a reply for Mr Murdoch on these problems ,and when the system will be running.

Steve

2. Advertisement
      Skyuserman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky should refund 1 monthly payment for error problems

i changed my mind now

I love sky

new route is beautifull

kpax88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Its just an email...

You will soon learn to use a free provider like hotmail or yahoo in the future, people should know by now that it isn't gauranteed and you won't get refunded by SKY simply because you pay for the internet, not the internet+email... I very much doubt they will even listen to you on the phone.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

thing is, email was never advertised as being compatible with third party clients - IF you can get into the email via the portal then in Sky's eyes you have service....
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveppeat View Post

I have follow the changes and input the correct information into outlook express, but cannot access sky mail, and now outlook have been asking for a password knowing the outlook as the password.
      I have been informed Sky google mail have many faults including software error in forwarding and pop, Express outlook software error in some windows opertating systems and software cannot understand 465 and 995.
      Microsoft was not been informed that sky was using these codes or having additional setup pop.tools.sky.com The extra dot after tools is the fault it should have been input pop.toolssky.com to make the software understand the server location.

Steve
      There is nothing wrong with the ports or server names - the ports used are completely standard secure ports, which are supported on all windows email clients. The server names can have as many dots in as they like. There is no server error in forwarding & POP. Microsoft do not need to be contacted by Sky or anyone else.

Please, you have been seriously misled or are misunderstanding the problems that people have had.

There is a problem with Sky email... the problem is that there has been some account corruption on a sizable minority of users. Sky appear to be getting round to fixing them, albeit slowly.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services: