Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 60k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Missing Emails!!!!!

This is a discussion on Missing Emails!!!!! within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I have just been moved over with Sky's email. I don't use the web based email so I have ...

sasker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Missing Emails!!!!!

Hi,

I have just been moved over with Sky's email.

I don't use the web based email so I have enabled the POP forwarding.

My outlook has been configured with the new POP and SMTP and username settings.

I am not receiving all of the emails that I am supposed to.

I know this as I sent an email today and I added a read receipt on it and the person I sent it to replied back along with sending me a read receipt but I have not got it.

This was yesterday too.

I also receive emails from jobsites and other people each day and nothing is getting through.

I am over in Germany at the moment so thought it could be something effecting this over here!!

I checked my google sky email today and the read receipt that was sent arrived to this but did not arrive to my outlook account. POP settings were done days ago when I first got migrated so I am puzzled now as to what the hell is going on.

I even get some spam email sent to my google sky email but not too my outlook, so what the hell is happening?

Has anyone else found this? I am missing some quite important emails, some of which occasionally arrive on my google sky email but nothing to my outlook.

It appears to be a strange problem and I am worried that these emails are being sent and basically just getting deleted before they get to me.

I have even got my outlook open and I sent myself and email, it did not come through, however just logged into my web based email and it is their.

2. Advertisement
      the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Missing Emails!!!!!

Hi,

Right, first off, you cannot send yourself messages using the new sky email system (skoogle!) It will arrive at your webmail inbox but never download to your POP client.

Spam mail is sent to the spam folder in Webmail and is not delivered to the POP client.

It's not clear from your email whether you are getting any mail delivered or if it is just particular types of messages.

Regarding that message that you requested a read receipt for - did the reply come through? Or did both the receipt and the reply not arrive?

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Regarding that message that you requested a read receipt for - did the reply come through? Or did both the receipt and the reply not arrive?[/QUOTE]

The read receipt came through to my sky web based email but not to my outlook.

The email has not come through as of yet?

I used to get email sent to junk in my outlook and some of these mails were not junk so I would move them to my inbox, so now if a mail comes through as junk am I right in saying that I need to keep checking my sky web based email every day too? This is a pain as I noticed earlier on today that I had 2 spam emails which had not been sent to my outlook

I have now also chosen to delete the emails from the sky web based email when I open outlook, just to try that and see if that may help as I have outlook permanently open anyway and have no reason to use the new sky web based email.

ALIPOPSJANE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01933
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Missing Emails!!!!!

I'm having major problems too - first I receive emails on OE then I can't and get an error message. Wasn't able to access Sky Web mail either all day y'day but can today (but probably only cos I'm at work). All very annoying. All my settings are correct although have noticed when I log out and log back in my settings have changed from pop. etc etc to a number

Also cannot access any email accounts eg - facebook, ebay passwords all rejected. All very annoying.

Sorry to be rather vagued as new to SKY (Big mistake) and not in front of my laptop.

Any suggestions would be great. Have tried most of things suggested here but nothing working. Have emailed Sky 3 times and phoned 4 times each time received conflicting advice. AAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

That's right, Spam will never be delivered to Outlook. To be fair, the google filters are pretty bloody great. I've had one false positive in many years of use, and I have only ever had one or two genuine spam messages slip through their filter. I get anything upwards of 400 spam messages a month so it's doing it's job.

I can't explain what is happening with some messages not being delivered - I've never come across that on gmail accounts before.

I do know that gmail can be very funny with read receipts though, and obviously my previous message about not being able to send yourself messages still hold true. Who does the read receipt say it is from - you or your recipient?

On the off chance that there is a weird configuration problem with the sky servers, you could try using the google ones instead - pop.googlemail.com and smtp.googlemail.com

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just changed settings to googlemail?

Is it okay to leave them on this then all the time?

Is the new spam email on Skoogle mail the same as junkmail in outlook before the migration took place?

I used to get junkmail quite a bit but some of it was not junk but since the move no junkmail has come through to outlook?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sasker View Post
      Just changed settings to googlemail?

Is it okay to leave them on this then all the time?

Is the new spam email on Skoogle mail the same as junkmail in outlook before the migration took place?

I used to get junkmail quite a bit but some of it was not junk but since the move no junkmail has come through to outlook?
      I would leave them like that.

The junk mail filters on skoogle are very different to the old ones. I would see how it goes. I used to check my junk mail once a week, but then that dropped to once a month, and now... never.

There are quirks with gmail for sure, but once you know them you'll be fine.

Having said that, I'd still recommend not using an email address frm any Internet Provider, because if you change from Sky one day then you'll have to let everyone know you've moved on - a major pain!

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPOPSJANE View Post
      I'm having major problems too - first I receive emails on OE then I can't and get an error message. Wasn't able to access Sky Web mail either all day y'day but can today (but probably only cos I'm at work). All very annoying. All my settings are correct although have noticed when I log out and log back in my settings have changed from pop. etc etc to a number

Also cannot access any email accounts eg - facebook, ebay passwords all rejected. All very annoying.

Sorry to be rather vagued as new to SKY (Big mistake) and not in front of my laptop.

Any suggestions would be great. Have tried most of things suggested here but nothing working. Have emailed Sky 3 times and phoned 4 times each time received conflicting advice. AAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!
      Hi there,

You seem to be having lots of different problems. If you cannot log on to many different services such as ebay and facebook due to password rejection then it sounds as if you have a problem on your computer rather than with the Sky network.

When you get home, if you could post some detailed questions in a new thread I'm sure someone will have an idea.

I would be particularly interested in seeing the specific error message you get in outlook when sending/receiving email, and also in what this number is that comes up when you go back into your email settings.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Many Thanks - will do that

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: Missing Emails!!!!!

Just checked again and POP3 reverted to;Incoming mailserver 127.0.0.1.

So have changed it back and still get error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Still can't get into Sky email via Sky Web page and still can't get in to email accounts.

Completely hacked off, was with Tesco Broadband before for 2 years - never had one problem in all that time!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast