Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Good email service response to DLM query

This is a discussion on Good email service response to DLM query within the Sky & DLM forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have been on DLM now for over 20 days and before DLM had a stable 6mb connection. Whilst on ...

stu_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Manchester
      Broadband ISP: plusnet fibre
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Good email service response to DLM query

I have been on DLM now for over 20 days and before DLM had a stable 6mb connection.

Whilst on DLM it went down to 2mb and was pants. But as has been pointed out so many times there is nothing that can be dont until DLM has finished.

Contacted sky via the email form yesterday afternoon requesting they uncap me and asking when DLM had finished, the tech informed me it was the 8th July when DLM had finished grrrrr. Why the tool cant email the main account email addy stating its finished as I think that would be a good idea.

The techie in his reply has uncapped me to a connection of 5mb at present at 330am this morning, thats a bloody good prompt service and one I wasnt expecting due to issues with the sky email form system as reported on here.

just thought Id share a positive note about the staff for a change as we always post negative stuff.

So thank you to robert for sorting my issue out promptly with no hassles

Update

pre DLM I was synching at a stable 6.5ish mb as I seemed to be synching at 5mb I connected sky via email to request they attempt to uncap me. A few days later I got a reply stating my line had been reconfigured and to watch it for 72hrs. When I checked I was only able to synch at 2mb.

I again connected them via an email reply and after a 2 day wait had a txt on my home phone to say my line reconfig was complete and an email saying watch it for 72hrs blah blah. I was back to 5mb.

Has been stable but still not predlm. am awaiting a reply I sent today 29th July requesting to be uncapped to 6.5mb min which my stats support.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 5120 kbps 416 kbps
      Line Attenuation 49 db 13.5 db
      Noise Margin 11 db 14 db

will update when its hopefully sorted

what a surprise Sky ****** it up

Got a stock reply "Thank you for contacting Sky Broadband Technical Support. I have passed your details on to our customer solutions team to see if they can increase your speed, the reference for this is XXXX"

then had a text stating line reconfig complete with the following result -

Connection Speed 1984 kbps 64 kbps
      Line Attenuation 47 db 13.5 db
      Noise Margin 28 db 7 db

sent a reply asking if they cant sort this out without constantly buggering it up can they send me my MAC ffs its not rocket science

31/07/08
      got a stock reply email stating "I have had a colleague from our customer solutions department have a look at your connection. He has made some adjustments and your connection issue should now be resolved. I would be grateful if you could monitor your connection for 72 hours and let me know if you do not see an improvement. am able to conect again at 5mb but not the preDLM synch

My current synch is lower then the 5mb asit must have reset its self during the night.
      Connection Speed 4096 kbps 416 kbps
      Line Attenuation 48 db 13.5 db
      Noise Margin 13 db 14 db

send yet another reply and see if I get knocked back to 1mb :-S

4th August sent the following

robert,

Thank you for adjusting my synch speed, I have monitored the line for the required time as suggested and I am still unable to synch at 6.5mb that I obtained preDLM.

My current connection
      Connection Speed 4096 kbps 416 kbps
      Line Attenuation 48 db 13.5 db
      Noise Margin 14 db 13 db

is the best I am able to synch at the moment due to be being capped. Please remove the cap as requested on several emails as my attenuation should allow me to connect at 7mbish.

Thanks

awaiting a reply

6th August
      Got am email reply to state they had increased my synch speed and upto now has been stable and working woop finally

Connection Speed 5981 kbps 412 kbps
      Line Attenuation 49 db 14 db
      Noise Margin 7 db 18 db

8th August

finally sorted what a ball ache I hope everyone does not have to go through the crap I had to
      Last edited by stu_uk; 08-08-08 at 09:11 PM. Reason: update

2. Advertisement