Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

no on demand

This is a discussion on no on demand within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, Hope one of you guys can help as sky cant. I have recently come back to sky but ...

skooby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: kirkcaldy
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

no on demand

Hi all,

Hope one of you guys can help as sky cant. I have recently come back to sky but my on demand isnt working. I have spoken to sky 6 times so far and still no go. When I go in to on demand I can see all the streams but when I try to view any I get a message telling me to call sky to upgrade my subscription. My sky shows a green tick against on demand.

So far we have done a forced software update, sent signals to the box 3 times, been hung up on twice, rebooted sky fibre router and box. They have now sent anytime+ signal to box which can take up to 4 hours.

Given that I can see all the different streams imo it means the problem isnt at my end but the "experts" appear to have no idea what to do next.

Any ideas?
      Thanks

Skooby

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: no on demand

As you have an SR102 I take it that Sky is your broadband provider even though your profile states, "Broadband ISP: Not on Sky".
      On the Sky+ HD box does Services>Settings>Network show connection to on demand as "OK"?
      Are you able to view any programmes in the On Demand Showcase category?
      Are you able to view all the channels you subscribe to and does live pause work correctly?

Thanks

Yes I have sky fibre pro, not updated my profile for a while. On demand shows as ok. I cant access any on demand stuff, showcase bbc iplayer, skytv, 4od. All my sky channels work and pause, record work fine. Tried call number 7 today and they have applied to another department to do a card reinitialise or something. This takes up to 72 hours. They are talking about sending an engineer out if this doesnt work but I cant see how that will help. I still dont believe the problem is at my end. I suggested they send me a 2tb box to replace my 300gb box to see if that would work but they didnt go for it

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I am assuming that you have your own Sky dish (ie. not shared) and that you can record one programme whilst watching another.
      In customise (services 9 8 select) check Enable Pushed on Demand is on. Change Enable On Demand to OFF and press green button to save settings.
      Do you have "24 Special: 'Jack is Back' " listed in On Demand or Showcase if that tab exists? If so check if you can play it.
      If it's listed but you can't play it perform a planner rebuild and try again.
      I am wondering if there is a problem with your viewing card but for Sky to send a replacement would require them to cancel your existing card which would leave you with only the free channels for up to 3 days and no recording facility so it would be best to explore other options first.
      I don't know if TV tech have the option to remove on demand (anytime +) from your profile with immediate effect. If not I'm sure cancellations should be able to do it (please correct me someone if I'm wrong). Then in the hidden setup menu reset default transponder and save settings. Re-enable On Demand (see second sentence above) then ask Sky to re-instate your anytime+ subscription.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had this with my mates box! It took several calls to Sky going through the same old script of check this and check that! The last girl I spoke to was on the phone nearly an hour checking different things! The last thing she ask me to do was to disable all the on demand features within the set up, there were several! save then reboot the box, then go back in and re enable everything, then save and reboot again! And just like magic the on demand burst into life! I think she was as shocked as me when it worked. But she reckoned it was a matter of doing things in a certain order! Mmmmm.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. When I came home from work today my on demand has started working without me doing anything. Guess somebody at sky realised a button hadnt been pressed.

Skooby

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

From sending a signal to activate OD it can take up to 72hrs to come through but usually its quick.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.