Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless Connector

This is a discussion on Wireless Connector within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I received my mini wieless connector from sky after a long wait my nephew who is brilliant at these sort ...

artblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 8368
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Wireless Connector

I received my mini wieless connector from sky after a long wait my nephew who is brilliant at these sort of things set it up for me,I have not tried it yet but I did notice the iplayers which be nice to watch on the box instead of seeing it on my laptop.I have not got the film package so I suppose I will have to pay for them and I do have everthing else.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Wireless Connector

Not sure what you are asking, but if you want to know if you will get films for free, then it depends from where you get them. Any films from Sky Movies will have to be paid for, but films from the terrestrial broadcasters, if they are on the various players are free, the same as they are on the normal TV.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,205 Times in 2,074 Posts

Any content which you need to pay for individually is shown as 'Sky Store'. Press the 'i' button on your Sky remote control to check how much it will be first (you may need to press the 'i' button twice). Prices vary from 99p. Any charges will be applied only if you watch the content. You can download it and not view it and you won't be charged.

In order to view anything from the Sky Movies folder in the On Demand section you will need to subscribe to the Sky Movie package. This is the same for anything from the Sky Sports channel. Should you download something from these channels and not be a subscriber you won't be able to view the content.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

artblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 8368
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I doubt that I will be using it at all I have not got the film package I might purchase a film but that will be rare being a pensioner paying for the sport and entertainment just about fits my budget,I suppose it will be handy for the catch ups.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,205 Times in 2,074 Posts

I can appreciate that.

In the time have had Sky TV I think that I have purchased about 3 items in total.

I know others spend a lot more each month, but we each have different interests and different budgets.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms