Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Free wireless connector for both new and existing customers with the movie pack

This is a discussion on Free wireless connector for both new and existing customers with the movie pack within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Get a free Wireless Connector when you join Sky TV or upgrade to Sky Movies Those who already have the ...

tarsins is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llanelli
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Free wireless connector for both new and existing customers with the movie pack

Get a free Wireless Connector when you join Sky TV or upgrade to Sky Movies

Those who already have the movies pack should click on the "Get it now" link in the Aready have Sky Movies box about half way down the page.
      --
      Steve

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tarsins For This Useful Post:

James_Mitchell (04-06-13),lincoln (08-06-13),OldFourEyes (04-06-13)

3. Advertisement
      dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Re: Free wireless connector for both new and existing customers with the movie pack

Thanks.

Just ordered a free one.

dog-man

uk_judgement is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sevenoaks
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Free wireless connector for both new and existing customers with the movie pack

I was interested in this, but have been royally shafted by Sky.

I purchased a wireless connector from them about a year or so ago and it recently stopped working - keeps dropping connection etc. - and it is definitely the connector as opposed to anything else.

I ordered one of these free ones (as I have movies) but got a call from Sky saying my order was on hold. After numerous telephones to different numbers, i was finally told that as I already have a wireless connector, I cannot purchase another one through this offer, as there is one registered to my account.

Today I explained to the helpful rep (afer calling 08442 414141 for about half an hour) that mine was not functioning well any longer and was not fit for purpose so could they remove the old one from my account so i can order a new one. They said they wont do this. I asked him to confirm with me that they are stating that as I have a connector already, I cannot have a new one, even though my current one is broken? He confirmed that was true.

I know its only 21.95, but this is really poor. If I had no such connector, I would qualify for the offer, but because I have a broken connector (that I have paid for already in the past) I cannot have a new one?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!!

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uk_judgement View Post
      I was interested in this, but have been royally shafted by Sky.

I purchased a wireless connector from them about a year or so ago and it recently stopped working - keeps dropping connection etc. - and it is definitely the connector as opposed to anything else.

I ordered one of these free ones (as I have movies) but got a call from Sky saying my order was on hold. After numerous telephones to different numbers, i was finally told that as I already have a wireless connector, I cannot purchase another one through this offer, as there is one registered to my account.

Today I explained to the helpful rep (afer calling 08442 414141 for about half an hour) that mine was not functioning well any longer and was not fit for purpose so could they remove the old one from my account so i can order a new one. They said they wont do this. I asked him to confirm with me that they are stating that as I have a connector already, I cannot have a new one, even though my current one is broken? He confirmed that was true.

I know its only 21.95, but this is really poor. If I had no such connector, I would qualify for the offer, but because I have a broken connector (that I have paid for already in the past) I cannot have a new one?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!!
      Call to downgrade your movies. They have this offer in downgrades and should be able to do this for you.

uk_judgement is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sevenoaks
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi Bubblegun
      I spoke to Sky again and they said that this offer wouldn't apply to me.
      Feel let down by Sky on this, and have been wondering about the price for ages, so think I will cancel movies for now, and have a good think.
      Virgin have really been pushing in my area, but i wouldn't go with them. Back to the cinema once a month or so methinks!
      Cheers!