Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

"The Choir" Download Problem

This is a discussion on "The Choir" Download Problem within the Sky Catch Up TV forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Our sky plus box was only installed a few weeks ago so I am rather new to Sky catchup. However ...

Steve case is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Prescot
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

"The Choir" Download Problem

Our sky plus box was only installed a few weeks ago so I am rather new to Sky catchup. However I have used it several times, and had no problems until today. I tried to download and view yesterday's episode of "The Choir". When I pressed "select" the icon initially said "downloading" but after a few seconds, when it got to 1%, it stopped. Pressing "resume" produced the same result. I sucessfully downloaded a couple of other programmes just to make sure this wasn't a general problem. I deleted "The Choir" (which showed "failed") in the planner) and also removed it from the deleted programmes list, and tried again, but with the same result. It just sticks at 1% and then fails. Any suggestions appreciated.
      Useful Links
      Download RouterStats (useful utility for continuously recording noise margin)

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Re: "The Choir" Download Problem

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I have just tried downloading "The Choir S2 ep2" from BBC Two HD without any problem. There are quite a few other episodes, also it is available in SD and HD. Could you let me know:

a. Do you still have a problem?
      b. Which specific episode/version is the problem?

I can then try and replicate this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Steve case is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Prescot
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for your response Scubbie, not sure what the episode No. was. It was the latest one screened on Monday 18th November which featured the Sainsbury's choir. On Tuesday evening it downloaded without any problems, so I don't know what was going on. I don't believe it was anything at my end (broadband connection etc) because, as I said, other programmes downloaded OK.
      Useful Links
      Download RouterStats (useful utility for continuously recording noise margin)

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

No problem.

Ultimately any issues with the content in the CUTV and On Demand section is down to the providers.

Intially during the testing Sky will/would let the providers know, but once it goes live they advise has been to contact the providers directly.

However as a forum it is nice to check whether it is something you are doing or if the issue is being experienced by everyone else.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms