Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Sky Fibre Pro is now been discounted.

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre Pro is now been discounted. within the Sky Broadband forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; Afternoon all just a quick thread to let you all know that Sky are now discounting their fibre pro ( ...

adamrayner1981 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: driffield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Fibre Pro is now been discounted.

Afternoon all just a quick thread to let you all know that Sky are now discounting their fibre pro ( if you haggle)
      I called them up saying the fibre wasn't quick enough when streaming 4k movies and the kids playing online games at the same time, (little white lie) The chap was very helpful and said "very sorry sir let me have a look for you" went away and put me on hold for a couple of mins. When he came back he offered the fibre pro discounted to 15 for 12months then 30 there after. Now all beware this is entering into a 18 month contract as sky is now in the process of increasing all their 12 month upto 18 months.

But its worth a shot if you want the faster speeds. Worth finding out if any body else can get the same discount.

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky Fibre Pro is now been discounted.

I recently got it for 20 a month for 12 months (saving 10 per month = 120 over the 12 months contract). Your saving appears to be 180 over the 18 month contract (15 per month for the first 12 months then 0 for the remaining 6 months over the 18 months contract, so average saving 10 per month over the 18 months contract). I found that it paid off to know the competitors' pricing and to have a plausible reason to substantiate the need for increased speed!
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Shonk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC88U
      Thanks

I only have a phone line and Fibre Pro

I have tried a few times to get discount with no joy they only had the option to discount your tv package for the fibre etc.

anyway just now i was phoning to get the 4 call package removed (i was on the free evening and weekends package)
      asked about discount and he said i cant offer you anything but i can pass you to the broadband retentions team

straight away she offered me 10 a month off with a 12month re-contract

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Yes, it can be done! I got the same deal at the start of February when I called up on expiry of my previous deal (which was 10 per month off for 10 months). Was a bit surprised too, as we had given notice before last Christmas to drop Sky TV completely from early January. So, taking into account the previous deals and the current deal, that will be a total of 34 months on Sky Pro with a 10 per month discount. As far as I'm concerned, this simply makes it cost equivalent (ignoring differences in line rental charge) to Sky's "major" competitors.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      Yes, it can be done! I got the same deal at the start of February when I called up on expiry of my previous deal (which was 10 per month off for 10 months). Was a bit surprised too, as we had given notice before last Christmas to drop Sky TV completely from early January. So, taking into account the previous deals and the current deal, that will be a total of 34 months on Sky Pro with a 10 per month discount. As far as I'm concerned, this simply makes it cost equivalent (ignoring differences in line rental charge) to Sky's "major" competitors.

I'm sure I've posted this several times.
      There are deals on this product but NOT from full account cancellations.
      You need to call to only cancel Telephone and Broadband and then they can offer you discounts.

Full Account Cancellations is really TV Cancellations and currently have no offers on Telephone or Broadband.

Aside - although may be connected..
      There was an article on ISP Review recently that BT Openreach were going to offer speed upgrades for free for 6 months. I think this means that they currently charge ISP's to upgrade, I don't think it means they will get the upgraded service for no additional charge. They (Sky and other ISP's) could though offer people something like a month on the higher tier for "free" and then they could call if they wanted to stay on the higher tier.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      I'm sure I've posted this several times.
      There are deals on this product but NOT from full account cancellations.
      You need to call to only cancel Telephone and Broadband and then they can offer you discounts.

Full Account Cancellations is really TV Cancellations and currently have no offers on Telephone or Broadband.
      Agreed. Probably as a result of your advice in the past, I have always phoned and followed the prompts for cancellation of broadband and got through to the team who have applied these offers. Never tried it via Live Chat (and never will), prefer to speak to a real person so that a proper conversation can be had.

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

friend of mine just tried it.

Been on fiber pro 2 years.
      sky talk bottom package
      no tv

Flat out refused. Was told she can downgrade to normal fibre package or move away to another provider.

As usual it seems these offers are a lottery which is why I dont like them, as its unfair.

My contract expires in about 7 months, so I will try then, but I have always had the belief everyone should pay the same.

Maybe there is a certain skill required to haggle for these type of discounts.

Those who got it what sort of revenue do sky get of you for calls, line rental and tv?

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      We don't have Sky TV since early January, so we now pay for only line rental & broadband.

We had already downgraded to Sky Pay As You Talk well before getting the currentl deal (early Feb). We didn't use landline for outgoing calls at all, so no point paying for a package.

Sky TV from May 2002 to start of Jan. 2016. Sky Broadband since July 2007. Sky Fibre since April 2012. Sky Fibre Pro since sometime in 2014.

I think the key is which team you get connected to. You have to select broadband and cancellation during the IVR menus.

My advice is if at first you don't succeed, try again!

I phoned Sky on 03332022135 (no charge for Sky Talk customers) and ended up speaking to a very helpful and polite Scottish voiced lady. I simply asked if I could get a deal on my broadband as it was out of contract. I explained that the Pro "80/20" speeds could be had from PlusNet for 10 a month less than Sky charge, and from TalkTalk for about 7.50 less than Sky. I said that I didn't want to change providers if they could price match. She listened, had a look at what they could do and bingo!

I don't consider myself to be luckier than anybody else really. I think it's all in the approach. I try to be clued up on competitor prices, be clear in my mind what deal I'm looking for and explain that to them.

One note of caution: if they don't offer a deal, don't be tempted to issue any cancellation orders! Just say, "ok I'll have a think about what to do" and end the call. Then have a think about what to do next.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      PS. As far as Sky TV is concerned, I agree with you that the price should be the price! But Sky Fibre Pro is overpriced compared to the 80/20 offerings of their mass market competitors, so in my opinion that's an exception that warrants "negotiation".

Shonk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Asus RT-AC88U
      Thanks

I dont even have a phone connected to my landline
      as i would use the phone
      20p to connect or whatever
      10p a min
      5 min phone call works out to i dont know 70p

that same phone call on my mobile is either included
      on my 500mins 2000 texts 2.5gb contract phone for 8 a month

or 15p on my 321 backup mobile

Lets face it landlines are dead and overpriced these days

So to stop me from using the landline without thinking then getting annoyed with the overpricing at the end of the month
      i pulled the phone and e-mailed everyone i know telling them only to phone me on mobile..

so for the past few years my bill has been

17.40 Line Rental
      30 Sky Fibre Pro
      and thats it

make sure your calls package is downgraded first if you havnt got rid of that 4 a month calls package

Its as Speedyrite says i think you have to get through to the right department

when you get a human
      ask for broadband retentions as that's who he said he was putting me through to

and say you want

Sky Fibre Pro (Discounted By 10 a month) with a 12 month recontract

you have the image below so know it exists and what its called
      and just need to get through to the department who has that option

Here's the billing before and after

They managed to get a few days Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends off me (65p)
      my bad for not phoning a few days earlier..

Last edited by Shonk; 03-04-16 at 06:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast