Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

sky troubleshoot

This is a discussion on sky troubleshoot within the Sky Broadband Tutorial section forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; first thing u do is reset the box as standard unless ur wireless and were working before. then never reset ...

jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sky troubleshoot

first thing u do is reset the box as standard unless ur wireless and were working before. then never reset just pull the power out.

can u access the router page? 192.168.0.1? if not don't cry, if so cry cos it may take a while

if u can't access go to start run cmd click ok type ipconfig

if it says windows ip configuration but nothing underneath go to control panel double click system, click hardware tab, then click device manager go to network adapters and enable the network card

if it says media diconnected check ur cables in, if it's not, get a friend to slap u on the back of the head and connect it

if it is conneced but the ip's are wrong do a tcp reset
      type at commend prmpt netsh interface ip reset resetlog.txt hit enter restart the pc

if connected with the ethernet cable the router should assign IP to the NIc so restart the computer

do another ipconfig and it should give the NIC an IP of 192.168.0.2

if not cry

ur main aim is to get onto the router staus page really. If u still get a windows auto config IP there's a problem with the router. The IP should then be manually set. Start control panel > net connections > internet protocol > properties > use the following IP address > set the IP address to 192.168.0. anything above 10

subnet fills itself, gateway is the 192.168.0.1, same with the DNS prefferred server. ok it, then close

use the icon again, if it doesn't open a page reset the box. if still no page u got a port problem. phone them and ask for a new box explaining what u've done. Please don't try to use ur own router, the details are available for the agents to give u to connect them but u could lose them their jobs if u ask for them and they give u them. is that really worth a 0.1kbps speed hike?

if it is, i'd advise them never to help u

2. Advertisement
      Chloe94 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01745
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: sky troubleshoot

I have a dell 9150 with a sagem router (sky) and when i try to turn it on it just flashes orange by the internet port in the back of the hard drive and beeps, the @ sign on the router also flashes red, the computer will not turn on at all, but it still will connect wirelessly with my laptop and I have internet conection on my laptop, does anyone have a clue what could be wrong with it?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,482 Posts

Re: sky troubleshoot

I think you have a problem with your PC. When it beeps, what does it do, eg, 3beeps then 2 then 1 repeating? This is a code which tells you what is wrong. It is normal for the led on the network card to blink when it is trying to connect.

By the way, I don't know why you have posted in this section, it is not really for posting for Help. Maybe one of the Mods will move it to a more suitable section.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider / TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.