Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

SR101 Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services)

This is a discussion on SR101 Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services) within the Sky Broadband Tutorial section forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; This tutorial will show you how to port forward on your Sky SR101 Hub SkyUser - Port forwarding - Setting ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

SR101 Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services)

This tutorial will show you how to port forward on your Sky SR101 Hub

SkyUser - Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services)
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 23-08-12 at 12:14 AM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      JohnSmith55 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: SR101 Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services)

Hello there, you can also find the following site very helpful, if you have issues with port forwarding: Cheers, John
      www portforward co uk
      Last edited by Isitme; 15-11-13 at 12:05 PM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,609 Posts

Re: SR101 Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith55 View Post
      Hello there, you can also find the following site very helpful, if you have issues with port forwarding: www.portforward.co.uk Cheers, John
      The site may be helpful but it requires payment. The same information can be got free on this site-
      Router Port Forwarding Guides - PortForward.com

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Un_Known is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: sky hub unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

none of the above helped at all. portfoward dosnt have sky hub details, only a screen shot,
      the advice page on here makesno sense whatsoever to someone who hasnt done it before, and was more confusing than anything.
      whats the big fuss? why cant simple idiot proof instructions be given in this matter?
      you all need to assume thsat folk wanting to know how to do port forwarding DONT KNOW how to do it,and make it really basic.
      anyone knowing the terminogoly used in the instructions given for sky hub on this site,wouldprobably know how to do it already

- - - Updated - - -

why is everyone suggesting portward.cometc? it dosnt have details for sky hub!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Answered here: Article: Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services)

P.S. Please don't post multiple posts on the same thing in lots of different threads. It just serves to upset the members. Thank you.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,609 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Un_Known View Post
      whats the big fuss? why cant simple idiot proof instructions be given in this matter?
      you all need to assume thsat folk wanting to know how to do port forwarding DONT KNOW how to do it,and make it really basic.
      anyone knowing the terminogoly used in the instructions given for sky hub on this site,wouldprobably know how to do it already

- - - Updated - - -

Download this program - Supported Routers | Simple Port Forwarding it is very easy to use, even for idiots. Use the settings for the Sky - SR101, which is identical to the SR102. The free program is all you need.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

TheNoob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Able to sit on the Exchange with FTTC Technology
      Broadband ISP: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3680911954
      Sky TV: Absolutely no.
      Thanks

Hello all, I'm new here.. i joined after i had been browsing earlier in the week. I was going to make my own Thread on how to port forward any Application/Program/Game in under 4 minutes (Video Tutorial) but I can't seem to create a Thread in this topic. So i had to post here, sorry i don't want to hijack this thread only help others.

Today you will learn how to port forward manually in less than 4 minutes on the SR101/SR102.

#1 You need to search online for the ports your application use's in this example it's CS:GO that i'm showing in this video tutorial

#2 Open your browser and enter 192.168.0.1 and click the Security tab and enter Sky's username admin and password sky which is the default then Select Services.

#3 Enter the Name for the new service, Select the correct Type for the service then add the correct Ports for the service. Repeat this process until you have added all the necessary ports.

#4 Select FireWall Rules and select Add under Inbound Services. Add the Services we created in step #3

#5 You will need to tell the router what to do here and where to send the incoming data to. So under the service you just added in the Inbound Services the Action will be ALLOW always. Now to tell it where to send the data to there is two ways of getting the IPv4 LAN Address, One is holding Windows Key and pressing x then selecting Command Prompt (Admin) and typing ipconfig and finding the IPv4 LAN address or going to Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center once here click on your active connection then select details and locate the IPv4 LAN Address then input that address under Action into Send to LAN Server

#6 Apply the changes in the FireWall Rules. You have successfully forwarded ports.

If you are still having problems watch my YouTube video here i forward ports in under 4 minutes, If you still have problems please send me a PM and we will get it sorted.

Thanks my loves.

Last edited by TheNoob; 11-08-14 at 05:45 AM.
      bubblegun likes this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheNoob For This Useful Post:

bubblegun (11-08-14)

James56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Un_Known View Post
      none of the above helped at all. portfoward dosnt have sky hub details, only a screen shot,
      the advice page on here makesno sense whatsoever to someone who hasnt done it before, and was more confusing than anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I had this problem also, in the end some nice chap from Sky did it for me, i also went to portforward and like you say my hub was not listed either, because on xbox live they are constantly changing the port numbers for certain games its a pain to keep up with if you are not tech savvy like myself,

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Re: SR101 Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding

Quote Originally Posted by James56 View Post
      I had this problem also, in the end some nice chap from Sky did it for me, i also went to portforward and like you say my hub was not listed either, because on xbox live they are constantly changing the port numbers for certain games its a pain to keep up with if you are not tech savvy like myself,
      You may want to have a read of these two articles of the ports that need to be open for xbox live. Was not sure if you had an xbox one or 360.
      Especially this part;

Note Some game developers require you to open additional ports.
      Sr101 and sr102 make it very easy to add ports as shown above and described often on these forums and changing router will not make it any easier.

Xbox One Network Ports | Xbox Live Network Ports
      Xbox 360 Network Ports and Router Configurations for Xbox Live
      Last edited by lettice; 03-02-16 at 09:08 AM.

James56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: SR101 Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding

Sorry, yes i use the Xbox One, i just assumed from various threads i have seen across the internet that sometimes replacing your router instead of the SKY hub will sometimes give you better connections regarding port forwarding,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast