Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

ADSL line gone dead 3 days after activation :-(

This is a discussion on ADSL line gone dead 3 days after activation :-( within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, am hoping some of you clever chaps can offer me some advice here. I've had broadband for a ...

bristewart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

ADSL line gone dead 3 days after activation :-(

Hi guys, am hoping some of you clever chaps can offer me some advice here. I've had broadband for a few years now with various companies at various addresses so have a decent idea how it all works.

Got activated on Sky "mid" package on Tuesday. Effortless for 3.5 days. It worked fine thismorning too. Then went to work and came back. ADSL completely dead. No green "i" light on router. Tried my previous Netgear router, same thing, ADSL seems to be de-activated.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Just spent an hour on the phone to Sky (0800 number of course). Complete waste of time "have you got the grey cable plugged into..." etc. Am awaiting a call now from Tier 3 within 5 working days. Have no broadband until then. Using dial-up right now. Sloooooow!

The problem is nothing to do with router or PC - the ADSL line appears to be de-activated. Can't understand it, as other than this the whole migration from IDNet was painless and I've been very happy with the Sky broadband up until now. They seem clueless as to whats going on, hence Tier 3 involvement.

I'm on the ROWNHAMS exhange, doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it.

Anyone else experience this a few days after their line activation?
      I am half way through my 8 days cooling off period under which I can cancel the broadband so need to make a decision by middle of next week.

Thanks guys.

2. Advertisement
      craigturbo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: slww
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: ADSL line gone dead 3 days after activation :-(

i have the same thing happening to me i got the box on the 6th pluged it in and off we go for 3 days friday morning it went off rang sky they have told me wait 48 hours for t2 to ring me. i have rang bt my line is ok. i live in worksop and i have migrated from virgin bb in two years with them i was with out broadband for 2hours about a year ago but thats it. i think it is something to do with the migrating i rang virgin on thuresday to cancel them has i had successfull gone on to sky i did speed test to if i was on sky bb on the 6th and it said i was on sky bb and not still on virgin. net!!!!!

petergreenfield is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Beaconsfield
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Same thing happened to me. Installed on 20 October, lost telephone line and ADSL on 30 Dec, BT reconnected telephone on 2 Jan but no ADSL. 2 hours on phone to Sky to be told that it will take 30 days to reconnect me!!! Actually took 56 days, phoned just about ever other day to be told tomorrow. Had to use an old dial-up account in the interim.
      Never got an adequate response to the reasons for why other than 'the line had to be cleared'.
      I am beginning to wonder if I have made a mistake in going to Sky from Wanadoo. Sky's customer service is awful

sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks back, went through same thing with CS,had tried everything before I even phoned them.

Had to do it all again, told me they would gave me a ticket and need me to put phone down to test line,My reply was no need you can test line because that why got adsl calls and data bit of silence,then "phone you back with ticket number" My reply again was noway you gave me ticket number now cos no one from sky CS phones you back within 2 hours green light back on all working

craigturbo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: slww
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well still no adsl on my phone line i am running on tiscali (pay as you go)

nobody has rang me from sky i might ring them again
      has any body got the free 0800 number that i can ring them on at the minit
      i keep ringing them on 08706005630

sassylady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWKLAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

0800 051 2595 Freephone
      Rosie
      12591 kb/s Download 579 kb/s upload

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply guys. My problem still not fixed.

Tier 3 rang me back twice on Saturday, but cannot help me as they have now decided its a line fault (wahey, I told them that on Friday). 4 line tests failed. So then I was passed to Tier 2, who deal with logging BT line faults.

Someone is supposed to be calling me back within 24-48 hours. I've been told to leave the router powered off, as BT request this apparently.

So we will see what happens, will update post. If not fixed by Wednesday evening I will be cancelling the broadband within the 8 day cooling off period and going elsewhere. Just hope Sky/BT haven't screwed up my ADSL line causing me problems if I have to move to another ISP.

Murban is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exactly the same here. Activated last wednesday all is working fine, come back from work on friday and my internet light has gone and has been gone since. Waiting to hear back from 3rd line support but I also transferred from Virgin.net using a MAC code.

Can anyone who works for Sky give us a clue on what this could be please?

Many Thanks

gfsracing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: worksop
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

see this

No internet connection light on router - Digital Spy Forums

the same thing has happened to me also in Worksop ans also after 3 days;

I have logged onto the BT order tracking and it states LLU ceased on 10 March 2007. i have passed this onto sky and im awaiting a response

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gfsracing View Post
      Brilliant link, thank you.

I can see what's happened now, and have rung BT wholesale (0800 169 0934, option 2).

The problem is that Sky BB have, for some bizarre unknown reason, issued a cease for the LLU (although I never requested this!). Unfortunately they also issued it incorrectly. This means there is a tag on the line, meaning that no other ISP can provide me broadband until it is cleared.

I need to ask them to re-issue the cease for the LLU for my circuit number (which BT wholesale gave me over the phone). Then this will clear the tag on the line, and I can move to another ISP. Or alternatively I can ask them to re-connect me.

Lets see how I get on with ringing CS tonight before I make my decision...
      Last edited by bristewart; 12-03-07 at 04:25 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast