Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

ADSL line gone dead 3 days after activation :-(

This is a discussion on ADSL line gone dead 3 days after activation :-( within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've had exactly the same problem, except the day that the SKY was activated the OpenReach engineer cut my phoneline ...

darrenmdr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Peters
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: ADSL line gone dead 3 days after activation :-(

I've had exactly the same problem, except the day that the SKY was activated the OpenReach engineer cut my phoneline by mistake too. Had to wait four days for that to be fixed, before I could even begin to report the fact I had no ADSL either

Long story short. Lots of calls to BT later, lots of frustration and very rude customer nonservice person I got fed up and called Sky support. Been speaking to a few people on Tier1 and 2 and once to Tier3. I'm hopeful that the issue should be resolved soon, but everybody I've spoken to has been polite and helpful and when they haven't been able to find out what the issue was they've not tried to fob me off. It was also quite helpful that I could point to the fact that I'd been tracking the orders on the order tracker too. The only problem I have had apart from the fact that I have had no service yet is that I could not understand one of the tier1 people, they spoke good English, but when things deviated from a script or I asked questions that needed a modicum of technical knowledge, they couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand them. I politely said I'd call later and had no other problems with anyone else.

At the moment I'm quite happy to blame BT for my problems and give SKY the benefit of the doubt. Having dealt with BT for many years, I have often been frustrated by their inept mangement systems and total lack of customer focus and their attitude that they never make mistakes. When I have been lucky enough to actual speak to an engineer or one of the people who are actually doing the work, I have found them to be more than helpful. It's odd that the departments that usually speak to customers are so much worse at customer relations than those that don't.

2. Advertisement
      sywy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just a quick update from me, on my problems:

Come home from work today, and find that I have been connected. Yippee!! It's only 3 months late!! No idea what the issue was, but it was raised with BT TWICE, as they closed the ticket the first time, saying there was nothing wrong with my line. Will now see how it performs over the next few weeks ...

bristewart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Wahey, another success

Sounds like they are beginning to get their act together now, which is nice.

chosenman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01892
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: ADSL line gone dead 3 days after activation :-(

STILL running at 110kbps and feeling very, very, slightly annoyed.

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Murban is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Good news is mine is back after 2 weeks. Just keep calling them and ask them to tell 3rd line about the cease and eventually they will sort it out.

Good luck

gfsracing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: worksop
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

One by one we are getting back on line, this has been a very useful thread , please keep it sticky for a while

greenwich is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Here is my story of woe (I'll try to be brief):

The 0800 0512595 freephone doesn't work for me so I've had to use the 0870number (about 1.5 hours so far).

Activation date was yesterday. The green light came on the Sky router but no web access. I checked the BT order tracker website via dialup and found that a Cease order had been completed on my line yesterday (after the Provide order that Sky must have placed).

To cut a long story short, I've spoken to lots of Sky people in the last 24 hours. They've done the usual things (reboot the router etc.) but no success and now the green internet light keeps going on and off every few seconds.

Just rang BT wholesale and they tell me that there is no ADSL on my line and no tag either!!

Meawhile Sky have given me a ticket number and told me that level 3 will call me back within 5 days. I am thinking of cancelling during the cooling off period.

Thank you all for this thread, which has been an eye-opener. If anyone has any specific advice for me, I'd appreciate it.

darrenmdr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Peters
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I am finally connected. Woo and a Hoo. BUT when I tried to use the internet it was like wading through treacle. Horrendously slow and utter tripe. Until I did a quick reboot and checked all my cabling. Now it rockets along synching at 15mb and a noticeable difference. I reset everything a few times and the lowest speed I was getting was around 6mb download and the highest at round about 11. Which I am very happy about. Noticed that Max Adsl Adsl2 is very sensitive to where it is plugged in. Simply removing the faceplate on the BT socket and plugging straight in to the master, resulted in a 3mb sync difference. So I dread to think the difference would be having it on an extension.

One thing I am definitely going to do though is replace the router as it is very flakey, but I'll just put my old one in once I've copied all the setings.

headbanginggrace is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maidenhead
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Re: ADSL line gone dead 3 days after activation :-(

Sky freephone number is now disconnected
      hbg
      look on the bright side don't cancel dial up....yet...

sharonann is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01633
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My line has gone dead activation date was 30th Jan and has been working since except for the email. Rang sky put through to tier 3 eventually after trying just about everything. They say there is a fault with BT. This they say has been logged with BT and can take 3 - 5 days. They sent test tones down the line which I could hear so how can there be a problem. I have checked the link in previous post and there is nothing listed on the order tracking at BT
      this was yesterday Sky were supposed to have done this so it should be showing by now.

I wonder if its the router box itself that has gone wrong. Is there anyway I can test the netgear box in case its that.

Having just sorted my email after 2 months I am really fed up with them at present. I only sorted out the email thanks to people on this forum, sky did nothing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast