Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sky box re-delivery

This is a discussion on Sky box re-delivery within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Does any one know how long it would take to receive a sky box once you re-order it? Thank you!...

patrick78 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CMEDG
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky box re-delivery

Does any one know how long it would take to receive a sky box once you re-order it?
      Thank you!

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky box re-delivery

Has it been a failed delivery or a failed broadband migration / registration?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well...it's a long story....

I ordered my Sky broadband service on 8th Feb. Just before I went on holidays. As I though once I back on 27th Feb, the broadband service should be activated and the sky box should be delivered.

Unfortunately, Parceline tried to deliver the sky box on 20th and left the yellow card. I rang up to Parceline on 28th and was told that the package was returned to Sky. Hence I contacted Sky customer service and requested to re-deliver the sky box. The adviser said that she need to change to status to re-delivery and it would take minimum 3 working days and up to 5 working days.

I waited until 6th March and ring up to sky to find out where the sky box is. I was told that it wasn't request to re-deliver, then I asked to speak to one of the managers. The adviser said that all managers were busy and would ask him/her to ring me back. Until 8pm, no one ring me back. So I had to ring up again and asked to speak to a manager. This time, I asked to stay on the line till a manager was free. After at least 10 mins waiting, I spoke to Julian (team leader) and she promised to sort it out. Again, she said it normally takes 3 working days, but it may take up to 5 working days.

I rang up to Sky again on 8th March to find out whether the sky box was despatched. Sadly the answer was no. Thus I asked to speak to a manager. After a few mins waiting, I was told the manager was busy and he would ask his manager to ring back asap.

I kept waiting until 7pm, 9th March. There is no one ringing from Sky. So I had to ring up again and asked to speak to a manager. This time I spoke to Gael. She said exactly the same stuffs I've been heared twice before. Hence I questioned her how I should know you would sort out this time or not, and I wasn't happy to keep waiting without internet access. Sadly she can't give any time line at all and I don't know when I can receive the sky box. After the negotiation, Gael would ask an adviser (Claire) to ring me on 14th March to let me know the status of delivering a sky box.

Actually I'll be in Germany on 14th March, and I will keep my mobile on to see whether she will ring me or not.

Why Sky doesn't allow the users to use other routers? I've got a router. If I can use my own router to gain the sky broadband service, I wouldn't be so angry and write the post here!!
      Last edited by patrick78; 10-03-07 at 12:40 AM.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Service recovery 02392 899292

Give them a ring and see if they can sort it out for you

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thank you for providing the number!
      I rang up service recovery on 10/03/2007, and I was told to wait for approx 7 working days as Claire & Gael would re-order the box for me.

On 14/03/2007, I didn't get the call from Claire on my mobile. However, my wife did get the call from her on our landline. Claire said that she lost my mobile number, so that she rang the landline number instead. Besides, she also said the box should be delivered to me on the following Monday 19/03/2007, and she would ring me again on 20/03/2007.

Today is Thursday 22/03/2007. Unfortunately I still haven't received the box and Claire didn't ring me neither. And Sky is charging me for the broadband service (sky max package) now!!

PLEASE.....can any one advise me what I should do???

Is there any Sky people watching this forum???

fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Don't worry about being charged -- Sky installation "engineer" cancelled our installation because he couldn't find anywhere to park and I was busy on the other phone when he rang to ask where he could.

Sky scheduled another date immediately -- and agreed not to charge us meantime.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Actually I didn't ask for Sky Engineer installation. When I sign up, I requested for self-installation. (To be honest, I wasn't asked whether I want self-installation or Sky engineer installation)

I've been fed up to re-deliver the sky box. Is it possible that I can ask for Sky engineer installation now?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Oh.... if I can borrow a Sky box from someone else and plug it into my telephone socket, will it work?

Currently I do have my own router. The ADSL light is on, but ppp light is off. Hence the internet connection can't be established.

BuckleZ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Londonderry Waterside
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I had a mess getting my router too - their system said it was delievered but it never was sent, after 15 of calls and lots of swearing they sent my router today via Parceline (Next Day) - I told them 5working days wasnt good enough and they seem to have listened and sent next day.

Was also giving the cosignment number, just be persistant and demand next day.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I rang up to complain about it in the afternoon. surprisingly I was told that I would need to wait for 7 working days from 14/03/2007. Of course I wasn't happy and asked to speak to team manager. The adviser, Will, finally said the box(router) was passed to Parceline around 20th and it would take 5 working days. Then I argued why it takes 5 working days and where the box is. Eventually he found the consignment number and I check it on Parceline website. The status is "Collection request received " on 22/03/2007, even I re-check it now at mid-night. I am quite worried if I don't get it on Friday, then I still need to use Vodafone 3G to gain the internet access.

Oh.... I'm now using Vodafone 3G Data Unlimited package which costs 52.88/month, because Sky can't deliver the box for nearly a month and I do need to have the internet access. Do I have the right to ask Sky to reimburse the costs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast