Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nightmare! Help needed !

This is a discussion on Nightmare! Help needed ! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by JB2006 Never thought of that... Thanks for the help NOT!! Maybe I should just take my computer ...

maxping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Nightmare! Help needed !

Quote Originally Posted by JB2006 View Post
      Never thought of that... Thanks for the help NOT!!

Maybe I should just take my computer back to the shop cuz I obviously don't know how to use it.
      And whilst I'm at it I might as well send my MCP back to Microsoft and my A+ cert back to Comptia.
      You have been most helpful, I think I'll forget about continuing my career as a and maybe take up flower arranging instead.

Kind regards.
      JB

I have already done as there level 1 tech people have suggested. I have even tried a known working router from a friend, to no avail.
      Tried with everything disconnected and using the test point.
      The computer works fine at a friends house, connected to their sky broadband straight away.
      The line is apparently fine, so BT reckon.
      One of my friends had a similar problem with tiscali. Tiscal saying there was a fault on the line, BT saying the line was fine. In the end my friend canceled his broadband and went with another provider. And never had any problems after that. My reckoning is Tiscali were not on the ball when they moved over to the new LLU process.
      Maybe one option is for sky to clear their tag off the line and reconnect.
      But they aint gonna do that if they arnt accepting responsibility.
      As a computer technician I'm surprised you have never heard of or used a spell checker
      Last edited by maxping; 10-03-07 at 04:09 PM.

2. Advertisement
      JB2006 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Says you who cannot even find the user cp on a forum to enter a sig??

LMAO

QUOTE>> by maxping

"Can someone tell me how to get to the part of your profile where you enter your sig ?"

mikey4020 is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Halfway/WSHAL
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium (4th Aug)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Don't want to start anything but there was a reported post so I'm going to say something. I personally find it quite petty when someone criticises another's spelling on a forum where it is often easy to overlook mistakes. JB2006 needs help with their connection and maybe after the ordeal they've been through their feeling slightly frustrated. Perhaps we could try and resolve what ever differences we have here and try and help each other without turning the post into a slagging match.
      Last edited by mikey4020; 11-03-07 at 02:09 PM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Says you who cannot even find the user cp on a forum to enter a sig??
      The difference is I never boasted i was a computer technician who knows everything ,but i do know how to spell which is far more important than knowing how to use a forum i haven't been on before

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thank you Mikey. I am very frustrated with the situation I am in at the moment and do not need half whittled answers from someone who has no idea what this forum stands for.

I am still awaiting a call for a senior tech at SKY they have promised me 3 times now and nothing. Every time I ring they promise a call back and it never comes.

What would you guys suggest that I do next? Like I said before BT say there are no problems on the line and the line has had broadband twice before through other providers without any difficulties.

Many thanks

JB

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Have you tried connecting to the BT server? I am not sure if this will work on Sky's LLU but it will on Connect. You will have to use a router other than Sky's as you have to change the router's login details. More on this can be found HERE

This may not get your connection working but it will establish whether ADSL is actually available on the line. In some cases, it is found that the connection will work normally after this test.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

and do not need half whittled answers from someone who has no idea what this forum stands for.

JB

Your post below started this you should take a chill pill before answering posts from people who are only trying to help you.
      Do *You* know what the forum stands for?
      Have you also noticed how few users are trying to help you?

Maybe I should just take my computer back to the shop cuz I obviously don't know how to use it.
      And whilst I'm at it I might as well send my MCP back to Microsoft and my A+ cert back to Comptia.
      You have been most helpful, I think I'll forget about continuing my career as a computer technician and maybe take up flower arranging instead.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Talking Re: Nightmare! Help needed !

Yes I have noticed those who help.... Get your self a job and READ THE RULES!!! You are nothing but a lv1 tech.. This forum is run in a nice manner everyone helps out mucking in. What are you doing? just a blagger?? wishing to be "up the ranks" get qualified THEN speak Mr slow ping!

Thanks for the replies guys...I'm on the case as suggested.

Kind regards

JB

QUOTE From max slowpingprog

"My only gripe is the maps are way too big and if you get into a online game with 6 players its about as much fun as watching paint dry"

I add > This coming from a COD player this gives me grave concern!!! The future is WEAK!!
      Last edited by JB2006; 21-03-07 at 11:34 PM.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Come on boys chill out before the moderators close the thread!
      Anyway when you go into the router menu within status it says disconnected right?? When you press connect or run the Sky test do you get an error code? If so and you have ruled out the router then it is almost certainly a problem at there end no matter what they have said about the line being ok. Go back and bang on the door with the error code if you can get one.
      Sky customer service are not know for being the brightest sparks! Especially tier 1 and 2.
      Some guy on another thread the other night was saying he couldn't get on msn, along with a few thousand other people we later found out, Sky told him there was a fault on his exchange, yeah right especially as he was accessing other sites ok!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes I have noticed those who help.... Get your self a job and READ THE RULES!!! You are nothing but a lv1 tech.
      I have a job thanks ,when you leave school you may also get one but you will need to lose the house size chip on your shoulder first

I don't remember saying i was technician of any level ,i may not be a technician but i can use my keyboard,something you seem to have great difficulty with,can i ask why you insist on using text typing ? is it too difficult to type the words in full?

Give me a shout if you struggle with any of the longer words like "technician" and i will help if i can
      Last edited by maxping; 22-03-07 at 02:28 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast