Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stuck On Connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Stuck On Connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have just had this reply to why I'm being left on £17 per month Connect when the exchange went ...

bravedan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton (SDLTTLH)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Stuck On Connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just had this reply to why I'm being left on £17 per month Connect when the exchange went LLU in JANUARY..........

Thanks for your email below addressed to James Murdoch, which has been
      passed for my attention.

At the moment, even though a customer's exchange has been updated with our
      network, if a customer is on our Connect package we're not in a position to
      transfer them onto our network. We are working on doing this and this will
      be done in bulk at some point in the future. When we have changed you over
      we'll contact you in writing and let you know this has been done. You'll be
      automatically changed over to the Mid package and you'll have a month to let
      us know if you would prefer a different package.

Please allow me to explain that the process of migrating customers from our
      ADSL service, i.e. Connect, to our unbundled packages is more complicated
      than providing a new broadband order. I understand your frustration that
      your exchange has been unbundled since you joined us on Connect however,
      we're not in a position to put you onto Base, Mid or Max.

We want all our customers to receive the best service possible and I'm sorry
      that we've let you down in this instance. In view of the time and trouble
      you've taken, I've applied a viewing credit of £20 to your Sky account with
      my compliments.
      Finally Mr Bran, I'd like to thank you for your patience and kind
      understanding. If you've any further concerns, please feel free to contact
      me on the above email address.
      Kind regards

Joan Morton
      Customer relations

SO, what I want to REALLY know is WHY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
      My Bus speed is 26 mph, what's yours??

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Stuck On Connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many people who's exchange's are being unbundled within the next 6 month's are getting connect for £5 a month's, if your exchange is already unbundled you should be getting that price on connect. Go to sky.com and look at the order broadband page there is an area check put your phone number in see what it says, if it says conect at £5 or any of there other packages you really need to kick there ****. Threaten to cancel based on the fact they are breaking the terms and condition's as to what you were told when you signed up.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      if your exchange is already unbundled you should be getting that price on connect.
      That is not quite right. If people, like me, are paying £5 for Connect it is because our exchanges are due to be unbundled before the end of July and not because they have already been done.

I'm sure I posted before on a thread by bravedan regarding this, as Koala5 says stick your phone number in here:

Sky Broadband

And if it says you qualify for Connect at £5 phone them up on the free phone number - 0800 051 2595 and tell them this and ask to me put on it.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My exchange was unbundled in January, so unsurprisingly they are not offering anyone in my area Connect any more!!

Doing what is suggested anyway, after being told it's great news that I'm in a SKY Broadband area (alone enough to make me puke), this is what I'm offered:-

You can now get any of the Sky Broadband products detailed below. They’re very popular and subject to availability, so don’t delay.

You already have broadband
      Before you can order Sky Broadband, you will need a ‘MAC code’ to switch your broadband to Sky smoothly and with minimal disruption to your service. Click here for further advice in switching to Sky.

Sky Broadband Base, with FREE monthly subscription*– up to 2Mb download speed and 2GB monthly usage allowance - Browse the internet, email mates and swap photos online.

Sky Broadband Mid – up to 8Mb** download speed and 40GB monthly usage allowance for just £5 a month*. Do more, faster – like downloading music and short movie clips.

Sky Broadband Max – up to 16Mb** download speed and unlimited usage*** for only £10 a month*. Enjoy almost limitless*** movies, music and sports clips, plus online game playing.

More Sky Broadband options:

* Click here if you want to join Sky Broadband or click on Sky Shop link below.
      * If you’re currently under contract to another broadband provider, you can still register your interest
      * You can also check Sky Broadband availability for another number

*One-off broadband activation fees apply: Base £40, Mid £20, Max FREE. Top speeds may vary significantly depending on distance from local exchange and line quality.
      **Top speeds may vary significantly depending on distance from local exchange and line quality.
      *** Subject to fair usage policy.

BUT, as above, last September when I made what has become the biggest mistake of my life, I trusted their statement that I'd be offered the Sky packages and transferred as soon as it was available in my area, and signed to Sky Connect as a high cost but temporary measure on that basis.

NOW they choose to renade on this and leave me paying £17 a month........ with an unknown transfer date..............

It's nonsensical and unacceptable that they glibly now state it is not possible to transfer me (or anyone else like me) while offering better rates elsewhere.

Dave

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      That is not quite right. If people, like me, are paying £5 for Connect it is because our exchanges are due to be unbundled before the end of July and not because they have already been done.

I'm sure I posted before on a thread by bravedan regarding this, as Koala5 says stick your phone number in here:

Sky Broadband

And if it says you qualify for Connect at £5 phone them up on the free phone number - 0800 051 2595 and tell them this and ask to me put on it.
      Presumably they will not be able to transfer YOU either, you just have the benefit of only paying £5............so tough if you want Max.................

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I would email Joan back and ask for the £5.00 a month offer, I would have thought she would be in the best position to offer it to you. Good luck!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks

bravedan, you have got to fight your corner, which to me looks like you are not. You have two options - either phone them on the number I posted above and ask to be put on the £5 price for the Connect product. As I have said I did this, all it took was a few minutes and the job was done.

You could also go down the email route but personally I would call them and remember if you don't get any luck the first time call back later and keep trying until you do.

Just don't give up and keep on fighting your corner.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post

Sky Broadband

Sorry Al mate, I am a happy with my service from Sky but if they were treating me like they are treating bravedan charging £17 when people on exchanges that are not even unbundled yet are getting it for £5 I would tell them to stuff it out of principle! I'm sure if he left and came back in a few months time he would come back on the package he wanted.

Exchange:
      Thanks

But that is just it, as far as I can see the OP hasn't fought is corner very well at all. I agree that he has not beenm treated very well but he seems relucktant to phone them up to try and at least get put on the £5 Connect product.

DWho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WOOLSTON
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi

I have been told on several occasions that they cannot place me on the £5 connect package..(my exchange went live 2 months ago) as it will mess up the transfer process..

From what I have been told if they change anything on my broadband package it could possibly delay me being transferred to mid.....

4 different people have told me this the last 4 times I phoned...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast