Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stuck On Connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Stuck On Connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by DWho Hi I have been told on several occasions that they cannot place me on the 5 ...

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Stuck On Connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DWho View Post
      Hi

I have been told on several occasions that they cannot place me on the 5 connect package..(my exchange went live 2 months ago) as it will mess up the transfer process..

From what I have been told if they change anything on my broadband package it could possibly delay me being transferred to mid.....

4 different people have told me this the last 4 times I phoned...

Well why would they want to when they can pull the wool over your eye's and carry on getting an extra 12 a month out of you! Surely its just a matter of changing your monthly payment how difficult can that be, It's the same package so no changes have to be physically made.
      As I said before I would cancel out of principle. Seems to me some people are getting a raw deal and sky are getting away with it. I very nearly went with Contact but I am sooooo glad I stuck with BT until the exchange was unbundled.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      I very nearly went with Contact but I am sooooo glad I stuck with BT until the exchange was unbundled.
      But your profile says you are on Mid

But I agree in that it seems Sky are trying to pull a fast one. If I was DWho I would keep phoning until I got someone who was prepared to do it. If they keep refusing to do it I would question why other people have been done.

DWho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WOOLSTON
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I think I have heard it all.. one nice young lady told me that she would put me on the 5 package but the computers where down and she couldnt do it straight away.... lmao she managed to input my details so she knew who I was .. and then she said she would make a note on my account so if I phoned back I could check that it was done...

Sadly when I phoned back I got the response I had above but they did say they would rush my upgrade through within a week..

that was at the beginning of February...

still I cannot really moan I am still getting cheaper braodband than I was with BT and amazingly after 4 months my router seems to have fixed itself..

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      But your profile says you are on Mid

But I agree in that it seems Sky are trying to pull a fast one. If I was DWho I would keep phoning until I got someone who was prepared to do it. If they keep refusing to do it I would question why other people have been done.

Yeah thats right I am on mid, I registered with Sky September last year and they told me I could only have connect because the exchange wasn't unbundled, so I said no thanks because that is only 99p cheaper than I am paying BT, so she said I could stay registered and they would let me know when the exchange is unbundled. Well for the next 8 weeks they keeped ringing me about every 2 weeks trying to get me on connect and I keeped declining. Then at the beginning of November I found out about the Samknows web site and low and behold my exchange had been unbundled in October but I had had no contact from Sky!! so I rang them and said right I want to go on mid, Get this! they says "no you can only have connect because the exchange isn't ready!!" So I says "yes it is I have aleady checked on an independent web site and my mate down the road has mid package!!" "Oh let me check again she says, Oh sorry my mistake yes of course you can go on mid do you want to order now?" I was activated on the 12th Nov. Well it goe's on! told my Aunt about it as she is on the same exchange and was paying NTL an arm and a leg. She rings to order gets the same patter! No you can only have connect exchange not ready!! So she rings me back "They say I cant have it" I said ring them back and tell them the exchange is unbundled because I have mid and you are on the same exchange as me!! Well eventually she got connected, But what a perlarva!!!

I'm just making the point that these people stuck on 17 knowing there exchange is unbundled are getting a raw deal and if it was me I wouldn't put up with it!!
      Last edited by Koala5; 11-03-07 at 07:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12