Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Moving from ntl to SkyBB

This is a discussion on Moving from ntl to SkyBB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i just called bt to switch my line rental back they said fine some1 will come on 27th but im ...

Jonny4911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hounslow - LWHOU
      Broadband ISP: O2 Broadband Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Moving from ntl to SkyBB

i just called bt to switch my line rental back they said fine some1 will come on 27th but im not sure if i have to cancel my exsiting fone(cable)??

2. Advertisement
      Shikari is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bayswater
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Had a BT line in here before i moved in (Which is +5 years ago now) and i've always payed my line rental to BT

Had NTL BB installed about 18 months after i moved in tho, but i've only ever payed them for BB, nothing else

bezza123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fazeley
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny4911 View Post
      i just called bt to switch my line rental back they said fine some1 will come on 27th but im not sure if i have to cancel my exsiting fone(cable)??
      I rang up on the 8th to reactivate my bt line, the lady took my ntl/virgin account number and said the bt guy would be out to reconnect on the 28th and they would contact ntl/virgin to switch of my phone line with them.

So based on that, you shouldnt need to contact your cable provider to cancel the phone line but you may to cancel any tv or broadband you receive from them.

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bezza123 View Post
      I rang up on the 8th to reactivate my bt line, the lady took my ntl/virgin account number and said the bt guy would be out to reconnect on the 28th and they would contact ntl/virgin to switch of my phone line with them.

So based on that, you shouldnt need to contact your cable provider to cancel the phone line but you may to cancel any tv or broadband you receive from them.

With the phone, I guess it depends on if you're porting your Virgin no. back to BT, or if you're getting a new BT no.

The actual lines are totally different, so you could easily have a Virgin phoneline & a BT phoneline.

If you change from Virgin cable TV to Sky, or Virgin cable broadband to Sky (or any other ADSL provider), you'd still need to cancel with Virgin if you don't want their service anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234