Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Moving from ntl to SkyBB

This is a discussion on Moving from ntl to SkyBB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by bezza123 Oh and when BT contact ntl to cancel my phone with them, will ntl also cancel ...

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Moving from ntl to SkyBB

Quote Originally Posted by bezza123 View Post
      Oh and when BT contact ntl to cancel my phone with them, will ntl also cancel my BB with them? If this is the case then it could be a very long time without BB for me

ntl won't cancel your phone or your broadband unless you tell them to do so.....it's nothing to do with BT.........

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      Mmmm problem is I don't want to rattle there cage to much incase they disconnect my phone line,
      I don't see why they would disconnect your phone line as the phone and broadband companies are two different offerings. In my case my stopping the BT direct debit it got them to sort out my problems. As long as you are no longer with BT for your broadband and are being billed by Sky then I can't see any reason not to stop payments going to them as they should not be taking them anyway.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      I don't see why they would disconnect your phone line as the phone and broadband companies are two different offerings. In my case my stopping the BT direct debit it got them to sort out my problems. As long as you are no longer with BT for your broadband and are being billed by Sky then I can't see any reason not to stop payments going to them as they should not be taking them anyway.
      It is in the Sky T&C's that you need a BT line to have there broadband. The line rental is paided to BT, I read in another post on this forum about another guy who's flat mate or someone was not bothering to pay BT, the line was then suspended "Cut Off" and he lost the lot Sky broadband and phone. When he managed to get the phone back on there was no Skybroadband and it took him ages to get that sorted.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Oh I see you are talking about being cut off because of the line rental. I presumed you meant that they would cut you off because you stopped a direct debit to BT Broadband.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep my line rental and broadband has always been paid to BT on the same same direct debit and they are still taking money out of my account for it 3 month's after I cancelled BT broadband.

scagger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wandsworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i have ntll broadband and skymax activated on wednesday the ntl broadband
      is a seperate line nothing to do with bt should be a seperate box where your cable comes in

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yep my line rental and broadband has always been paid to BT on the same same direct debit and they are still taking money out of my account for it 3 month's after I cancelled BT broadband.
      I emailed BT when they did this to me via this form:

BT Yahoo! Help Contact Us

It took a while to sort out but it was done eventually.

Shikari is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bayswater
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep I do believe you are right there it comes down a differen't cable but I did read someone going on about having NTL broadband over a BT line, never heard of that myself unless it is a new option with this Virgin Media take over. But yes if you are on a proper cable system then you should be able to keep the NTL going until you Sky is up and running.
      Thats not always true it seems. Im currently in the process of chaning from NTL to Sky BB. I have an NTL cable modem(and line) but Sky are quite aderment they need a MAC.Which may i add NTL wont provide, as they say they dont have as it sky wont work on there equipment.

However sky cant set anything up as it says we have cable internet here at the moment? Basicaly it seems the only possiable way to change right now is to cancel NTL, and then wait for Sky to set up there stuff a couple days after my NTL date finishes (less than 7 days Sky said)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I have an NTL cable modem(and line) but Sky are quite aderment they need a MAC.Which may i add NTL wont provide, as they say they dont have as it sky wont work on there equipment.
      If you have a cable connection and not through a BT line, I don't see why Sky, should want a MAC. If you have a cable connection, Sky will not be able to use this to connect their Broadband, they must have a BT line. Do you have a BT line? If you don't you will not be able to get Sky BB. If you do, put your telephone number into the checker on THIS page. There is no way Sky can tell if you have cable or not.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shikari View Post
      Thats not always true it seems. Im currently in the process of chaning from NTL to Sky BB. I have an NTL cable modem(and line) but Sky are quite aderment they need a MAC.Which may i add NTL wont provide, as they say they dont have as it sky wont work on there equipment.

However sky cant set anything up as it says we have cable internet here at the moment? Basicaly it seems the only possiable way to change right now is to cancel NTL, and then wait for Sky to set up there stuff a couple days after my NTL date finishes (less than 7 days Sky said)

Do you have a live BT phone line yet ??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast