Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

SKY Portal Help Required

This is a discussion on SKY Portal Help Required within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am a total newbie to broadband and have had to contact SKY because desoite being told that I would ...

Boris Bear is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:

SKY Portal Help Required

I am a total newbie to broadband and have had to contact SKY because desoite being told that I would be connected from 28/2/07 and having 'Broadband like' access to the net I don't appear to be able to login to the SKY Portal site and so can't get my SKY emails. If I go to Yahoo for example I can access no problem on my wireless router connection.

As I say I am totally clueless so I sent the following mail to the techies at SKY:-

" Hi,

I would be very grateful for your help. I have been set up with SKY Broadband access since 28/2/07 but I still can't login to the Sky Portal Page (Sky Broadband - Home) and so I can't access my emails. I have also tried setting up Outlook Express to access my Sky email account (as per the Sky instructions) but the connection doesn't authorise.

I am extremely frustrated, not least because I suspect that I have some emails from Sky Customer Services with regards problems I have had so far with getting connected to broadband.

To all intents and purposes when I try to access other internet pages (e.g. Yahoo) I appear to have broadband access (which I haven't had before my subscription to Sky), with dowload speeds up to 2mbps - how can this be if the Sky Portal doesn't allow me to login? Am I in fact not accessing via Sky - again I'm not sure which connection I would actually be accessing via if I'm not accessing via Sky Broadband?

I would have rang in with this query but the automated response on your technical line advised me that it would be 63 minutes before my call would be heard - I'm sure you will agree that this isn't an acceptable amount of time to wait on the phone.

I would be very grateful if you would look at my problem and let me know how it can be resolved.

Many thanks"

I'm hoping that I get a meaninful and quick answer from them but judging by the service I have had from them so far I'm not convinced. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same problem and if so how did their problem get resolved. I would be grateful for any advice you can share.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD

Re: SKY Portal Help Required

Did you set up a username when signing up to Sky, or did you get one in a letter from them. Do you have a account, if so try using the username and this password to get in.

Lazarus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: STHYTHE
      Broadband ISP: Mid from 5 Connect
      Sky TV:
      New Forest, Hants

Re: SKY Portal Help Required

There were also a few people, including myself, who couldn't log in because the 'l' and '1', and 'O' and '0', were so difficult to distinguish between on the original letter containing the userrname and password. I doubt it is the problem but, just check to make sure. I believe the password is case sensitive as well.
      Asus P6T Deluxe - i7 920 @3.6GHz - 750GB Samsung F1 - 6GB OCZ Platinum 1600MHz - XFX GTX260 'Black Edition' - Tagan 1100W PSU - TT 'Big Water' 760i - Antec 1200 - Windows 7 64-bit - Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit

ADSL Link..............Down .............Up
      Connection Speed..9215 kbps......606 kbps
      Line Attenuation... 20.0 db..........11.9 db
      Noise Margin........ 20.9 db..........22.0db