Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

PlusNet migration pain

This is a discussion on PlusNet migration pain within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello folks, I've been lurking here for a week or so and you seem like you won't bite too hard! ...

happybunny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

PlusNet migration pain

Hello folks, I've been lurking here for a week or so and you seem like you won't bite too hard! So I'm coming out to tell my tale so far..

7th Feb - get advert for Sky broadband with Sky mag, decide it's a better deal than what I'm paying for at PlusNet. I contacted PlusNet and asked for a MAC code.

8th Feb - get MAC code, apply on the phone for the Mid package. Told to expect around 10 working days wait for activation.

Activation date is set at 24th Feb. Router arrives in plenty of time. So far, so good.

On the 24th I get a text message (to my land line!) saying that Sky is active, and to enjoy surfing. I go to the PC, expecting no internet connection via the old router. PlusNet connection is still active.

Decide to wait a couple of days. Plusnet continues to work.

1st March - receive billing notification from Sky. I'm still connected to PlusNet. Phone the Sky help desk and speak to a very nice man who can't understand that I'm not connected via Sky. His system says I'm active, his other system says I'm active.. but checking the line shows it's still on PlusNet. He raises a support issue, and asks me to phone back in 5 days if it's not resolved.

5th March - still connected to PlusNet. Called them up, they say Sky has not used the MAC code I gave them. Sky insist that they have. PlusNet tell me to talk to Sky, Sky tell me to talk to PlusNet. I don't know what to do know. My support request has been escalated within Sky, I just want my Sky broadband! (actually at this point, I just want to forget the whole thing)

Someone is telling me porkies.. who is it?

2. Advertisement
      nobroadband is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southminster
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: PlusNet migration pain

Have you tried phoneing BT Wholesale 0800 1699576 ?
      They can confirm who has the line for you .