Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Transfering away from sky issues.

This is a discussion on Transfering away from sky issues. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hiya, im having a problem transfering away from sky. Not for any problems with there service which i might add ...

d0minicB is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV:

Transfering away from sky issues.

Hiya, im having a problem transfering away from sky. Not for any problems with there service which i might add was fine. I feel a bit of history is required unfortunetly to explain why im in this problem.

Basically im a student, we moved into our new flat and i had a phoneline put in my name, one of my flat mates got sky for his room(we didnt want to pay for the tv) but basically we got the max package for the whole flat. He dropped out, and basically turned out to be a bit of a richard when it came to paying bills and stuff. So sky canceled our broadband, but didnt take us off their LLU. As theres only 3 months left of the year, we needed a short term soloution to get the internet for the rest of our time. I phoned up managed to get sky to give me a mac, had to pretend to be this guy. But obviusly couldnt cancel the account as there was still time remaining on it and didnt really want to have him lumped with a bill for the early cancelation of his contract. I decided freeola would be the best choice of isps, and phoned them up they had no problems accepting the sky mac, and charged 38 quid for the transfer back to BT. Unfortently the activation date came and went and still no internet. my own router says im still connected on a adsl2/plus line, so i know im not still not on BT, and im still on sky. Freeola have contacted BT and theyve basically replied saying that theyve never seen this problem before and are investigating it.

So while im waiting for the inevitble call back saying its going to be another couple of weeks, or some other bad news. I thought id do a bit of investigating myself and find out if theres any reason thats known for my problem, or if it really is a one off. So any ideas? Im very grateful for all the replys.

Also ive still got a sky router, that i would just love to use as a normal netgear one, If anyone could point me to a link on flashing it back to the netgear firmware, i would love it.(Libary computer is only 30 mins max sign in time so i dont have time to search really, sorry ).

Thanks again, Dominic.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 05-03-07 at 06:59 PM. Reason: changed other word short for richard

2. Advertisement