Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

TRYing to join Sky BB

This is a discussion on TRYing to join Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Wow this is hard work... Two weeks ago I had a new BT phone line installed. On the day I ...

drummerbod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woolston
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

TRYing to join Sky BB

Wow this is hard work...

Two weeks ago I had a new BT phone line installed. On the day I rang Sky BB and asked to join using MAX product. She said I couldn't as the line hadn't registered on their database as yet. I told her it was registering on their website fine and every othe ISP and that it hadn't last week. Now the lady is confused. Nope, it won't let me. I will take your details and keep trying over the next few days.
      5 days later I ring SkyBB. "We need your MAC code". How do I supply that when I just told you it's a new line? She went off to find out. Took my details again and told me my new email address and stated I would receive a router in 3 days.

3 days later... nothing. I rang SkyBB to which I am told my order was cancelled because I didn't supply a MAC code. Again I explain it's a new line so I wouldn;t have a MAC code. Lady goes off and comes back to sya my line needs clearing and I need to ring BT on 150. This I do and they state the ISP needs to ring BT wholesale as BT Wholesale will not speak to end users. BT even give me number and options to input for SKY! I speak to Sky again and tell them this. Sky ring the number and the line is cleared. Now I am told to ring back tomorrow as their system won't be upto date with the clearance.

Next day I ring back, "BT says your line is clear but our system still says it isn't." Ring back tomorrow.

Yesterday. Rang Sky in morning, same story, told to ring back pm. Rang again in afternoon, told to ring back Saturday as their system isn't upto date.

Today, rang them to be told BT still say you have an LLU something or other against your line. Lady told me to ring Bt on 150 to which I almost told her where to shove it. Try again Monday she said.

Does anyone in Sky know what they are doing? Anyone here know how to help me?

2. Advertisement
      nobroadband is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southminster
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: TRYing to join Sky BB

Quote Originally Posted by drummerbod View Post

Does anyone in Sky know what they are doing? Anyone here know how to help me?
      From my dealings with them I'd say not

sky-diver is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESLVS
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: TRYing to join Sky BB

I think the problem may be that due to an incredible demand for Sky Broadband, certain ancillary departments are given very basic tranining on the sales side of things and, unsurprisingly, provide a lower quality service. I think that when calling any of the primary sales lines you are automatically routed to the first agent, regardless of department or whatever, so it's all a bit pot luck.