Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Taking along time to be converted To MID/MAX from CONNECT package

This is a discussion on Taking along time to be converted To MID/MAX from CONNECT package within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all Hope someone can help me with these questions. I have been with Sky Broadband since September, using the ...

MichaelEdens is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burton on Trent
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Taking along time to be converted To MID/MAX from CONNECT package

Hi all

Hope someone can help me with these questions.

I have been with Sky Broadband since September, using the CONNECT package 17 per month. This of course is the case until my exchange is converted to receive the mid/max package. I am on the Burton On Trent Exchange and I have found out that they converted the exchange from December 14th.

I telephoned Sky straight away which was end of January and asked them to switch me over ASAP which should have been done ages ago. They said they would do it as soon as it was possible and for me to check my email for confirmation. Still no reply and we are in March. Sky have taken out yet another 17 for March to April and I am getting very concerned they are delaying the transfer to continue taking my 17 per month. Whats worse, I have read somewhere they are only charging 5 for CONNECT now which makes me even more annoyed.

I also checked on their website and found if I was a new customer, I would be able to get connected to mid/max right now. Something seems to be very wrong.

So really is this how it normally goes for CONNECT people? Is this the normal waiting time to be transfered? And how will I know I have been converted before the email is sent? Does the IP number change from 90.**** to something else? Just want to make sure I am not being charged 17 if I am already on the mid/max package.

I think I would like to write a complaint to Sky Broadband as I get no where with the technical help on their telephone number. Just a big phone bill. Does anyone have the full address for the complaint dept.?

Thank you in advance.

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Taking along time to be converted To MID/MAX from CONNECT package

There is a complete thread on this, What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect? Seems alot of other people in the same boat. I would be a bit pee'd as well especially as some are getting it for a fiver while they wait for exchange upgrade.

simonh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBURTO
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm on the same exchange as you Michael. Pretty much the same story as you except I tried to upgrade at the beginning of Jan. You're best bet is to email james murdoch and customer service explaining what has happened and you should get a phone call from someone within a few hours. Most likely they will offer you connect at 5 a month. As to when the upgrade will happen, no one has any idea.

I'm afraid I don't have the email addresses to hand but hopefully someone else does have. Good luck.

Jay2006 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've only just joined Sky Broadband on the connect package (was promised that they're upgrading my exchange this month, live in York). The idea was to be on connect for a few weeks to keep me ticking over, though am getting really concerned by some of the info I am reading here.

Only be active on connect for 3 days and am already hating it. Speed seems to vary all the time, connection issues and worst of all it's stopping me downloading torrents. I have read through some of the threads about port forwarding, but none of that seems to have helped.

How I would love to be back with NTL, two and a half years and no problems and never once get a letter regarding their Fair useage policy. Sadly they don't cover the area I've just moved to.

Should have known really that at 5 a month it was to good to be true.

Oh, and additionally alarmed at reading the T & C's and the 12 month contract. The lassie I spoke to on the phone informed me that I wouldn't be tied into a contract.

Feel it's only a matter of time before I cancel it and see what else is available.

Rant over, great site by the way, jam packed with really helpfull info.

Thanks

Thanks Koala5 and thanks simonh for responding.

Seems like I am not the only one in the same boat. But I am certainly not happy with paying 17 still while others get the same service for a fiver. Not fair really especially as we showed loyalty to their new scheme and was prepared to pay 40 connection fee on top.

I will try and contact them somehow. Just need to find an address.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Michael, stick your phone number in here:

Sky Broadband

You should then see this message:

Until then, you can get Sky Broadband Connect – it delivers fast download speeds of up to 8Mb*, and a monthly usage allowance of 40GB. To get Sky Broadband Connect for just 5 a month, with a FREE Wireless Router**, and 12 months’ FREE McAfee security to help safeguard against viruses, spam and other online risks. Call the number below.

Sky Broadband connect for 5 a month is only available by calling -
      Join Sky:
      Phone 0800 051 2595, tell them you are paying 17 for the Connect service and you would like to be put on the 5 service as per their website. This will not help you get on Mid/Max prducts but it will save you some money.

Thanks

This is the point Alan b. When I enter my number it says I am in the Sky Broadband Area. Thats why I was worried, and still am.

hermann is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stockport
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You could write to James.Murdoch@BSkyB.com detailing your experience and see what they say. I was answered within half a day as it got passed on to Customer Relations (who at least explained what the situation was... although the promise to move me to 5 Connect seems not to have happened).

I'm in a relatively similar situation on Connect @ 17. Called before 2nd month re the 5 offer and they said I could go on Max. Billed me for 10 that month but the move to Max failed so in essence paid 10 for Connect that month which isn't even a package. Customer Relations said I would be billed 5 Connect for March but it seems to have gone back to 17 Connect and no mention of a credit.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelEdens View Post
      This is the point Alan b. When I enter my number it says I am in the Sky Broadband Area. Thats why I was worried, and still am.
      Does it mention the 5 as I quoted above if so phone them up and tell them as that is what I and many others on here did and are now only paying a fiver. If you don't get any luck first time around try again later and hopefully you will get somebody who knows what they are doing.

Jollop is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leyland
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Alan:

His exchange has already been unbundled so the offer of 5 for connect doesn't apply. He can get mid for 5, why would sky offer him connect for 5?

As I mentioned in the other thread someone tried to move me onto the 5 for connect deal due to the delay (after delay) of moving me over to Max and couldn't. The system would not allow her to move me onto the 5 for connect deal because my exchange is already unbundled. The deal is only for people whos exchanges have yet to be unbundled.

It's brilliant, honest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast