Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Billing - Unhappy

This is a discussion on Billing - Unhappy within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; So yesterday we received the first invoice from Sky telling us what our broadband bill will be. They have charged ...

Sephiroth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanley
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Billing - Unhappy

So yesterday we received the first invoice from Sky telling us what our broadband bill will be. They have charged us 17 for this month, and then 17 for a month in advance. The problem here is I signed up for a 5 per month service. The special offer they have on for Connect exchanges they plan to upgrade. I even used the phone number provided in their online checker to order, like it said.

Last night I tried to phone them to sort the problem, got put on hold for ten minutes only to have a woman tell me that they can't access the accounts because of technical problems, and to call back in two hours. Today I phone back only to be told again, after 8 minutes, technical problems and to call back in two hours. These phone calls must have cost a fortune.

It seems Sky subsidise their low prices by having crap customer service and raking in the pounds through phone calls. Do you think they will refund the calls I made last night and today? Afterall, it's their fault that they messed up with the billing. And more importantly, will I get changed to 5 per month or have I been conned? My previous broadband cost around 18 per month so I would never have changed without the special offer.

2. Advertisement
      NickS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Billing - Unhappy

Sky are notorious for confusing billing. I was billed the full 17 and then further down the bill there was a deduction of 12 for the discount. Seems to have been missed in your case. Keep at them until you get through to someone who knows what they are doing, I find most CS staff at Sky are helpful, it's just the few that get them all a bad name. Some people seem to have managed to get the cost of phone calls refunded, but you can also try the free number 0800 01512595 - you might get a message saying that someone has been trying to contact you and get cut off but if you keep trying you will get through.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NickS View Post
      Sky are notorious for confusing billing. I was billed the full 17 and then further down the bill there was a deduction of 12 for the discount. Seems to have been missed in your case. Keep at them until you get through to someone who knows what they are doing, I find most CS staff at Sky are helpful, it's just the few that get them all a bad name. Some people seem to have managed to get the cost of phone calls refunded, but you can also try the free number 0800 01512595 - you might get a message saying that someone has been trying to contact you and get cut off but if you keep trying you will get through.
      Thanks. Will use the free number in future. How much per minute are their other numbers anyway? Hopefully they will refund it, those calls must have been really expensive and nothing got sorted. Do they not have any ICT support staff? Their system was down last night and they said two hours, this morning they say the same. :S

carrion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: Billing - Unhappy

Typically 0870 numbers cost 8p/min daytime, 5p/min evenings and 3p/min weekends. You will be paying Sky for calling them because they get a cut from the calls. Incidentally, 0871 numbers are even more expensive.

Lazarus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: STHYTHE
      Broadband ISP: Mid from 5 Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

A few people have reported this as an issue. I also appeared to have been charged 17 for the connect but, on closer inspection, it did state that any special offers had not been taken into account. A quick phone call (ok wasn't that quick) resolved the issue and I was credited with 12.

The lady on the phone said that what i had received was not the actual amount I was going to be charged. I said this is a bill for the services you have supplied with all the amounts. She said, 'yes, that is the charge for that service but you will not be charged that amount as you are receiving a special offer'. I said but I have been billed with that amount (telephone tennis anyone?).

Sort it out sky. You are not doing anyone any favours with confusing billing oin top of the other problems people are having.
      Asus P6T Deluxe - i7 920 @3.6GHz - 750GB Samsung F1 - 6GB OCZ Platinum 1600MHz - XFX GTX260 'Black Edition' - Tagan 1100W PSU - TT 'Big Water' 760i - Antec 1200 - Windows 7 64-bit - Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit

ADSL Link..............Down .............Up
      Connection Speed..9215 kbps......606 kbps
      Line Attenuation... 20.0 db..........11.9 db
      Noise Margin........ 20.9 db..........22.0db

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well my billing is all sorted now. She said on the phone that the special offer had not been applied to my account. So now it has been, and the money they took that they shouldn't have for over-billing will be deducted from next month's Sky bill. Seemed to be easier than the other method she said.

And 8p per minute isn't bad. I was thinking it would cost something like 50p per minute which is why I wasn't happy about being on hold for so long on the times I phoned them for no result.

I have no complaints about the broadband service, I've had a nice stable connection the past week and haven't found any websites that don't load, but they really need to improve their customer service.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
      And 8p per minute isn't bad. I was thinking it would cost something like 50p per minute which is why I wasn't happy about being on hold for so long on the times I phoned them for no result.
      Free is even better, if you use this number you will get through to the same people and it will not cost you a penny any time of the day: 0800 051 2595