Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

How Long For Router Delivery?

This is a discussion on How Long For Router Delivery? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Is there not a firmware update you could run?...

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

Re: How Long For Router Delivery?

Is there not a firmware update you could run?

2. Advertisement
      ::Lisa:: is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMARNOL
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

OK correct me if I'm wrong but previously in this thread I was talking about planned change for my line today on the BT tracking website and I wasn't able to see the status. Now I can see the status and it says...

Order tracking: Order detail
      Account number *hidden* Phone number *hidden*
      Order reference *Hidden*
      Placed 21 Mar 2007
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 30 Mar 2007
      Status Order completed
      Last update 30 Mar 2007
      Notes Your order has been completed.
      Items in this order
      Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      Well anyway according to that it seems it was the LLU Sky change and states that work is completed.

Does that mean my broadband should be live now? Because it isn't. Sorry if it's a stupid question. I haven't had broadband since March 8th and a little eager to get back on it. This dial up really sucks.

GedNE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

5 days here too..

Try not to worry too much, although you'll see loads of negative feedback about Sky activations/connections, generally (well I hope) these are just a minority of "unlucky" customers..it just seems like pot luck with Sky when you join em!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Wow.. I take back what i said.. offline since March 8th using Dial Up, I feel for you.. hope it gets sorted out pretty quick. From what I can read, in theory, your line should now be activated..

Maybe a more experienced Sky user may help you more..

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GedNE View Post
      Wow.. I take back what i said.. offline since March 8th using Dial Up, I feel for you.. hope it gets sorted out pretty quick. From what I can read, in theory, your line should now be activated..

Maybe a more experienced Sky user may help you more..
      Yeh that's what I thought too. I did phone Sky yesterday and ask about that and a lady said that it was activated yesterday no problem and the line would be OK by midnight. Said it takes time to filter through the line.

Today.. still no net. Called and apparantly I have to wait till Tuesday now. Not a happy bunny so far.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Lisa.. may I ask do you have a dsl signal on your old ISP's router (if you had an old ISP)

THe reason I ask is I didn't have a dsl signal on my Sky Router but did on my old Madasafish Router.. so here's what I done (and a fair few are doing the same, so I hear)

Use this tool here within this post:
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/techn...matically.html

Once downloaded (it also need .net framework which is included).. I restarted PC and you'll see a new icon in your system tray. Right click and it will say among the many options,

Find Username/Password

And hey presto.. you'll have your Sky login details. However just so you are aware this is against Sky's T & C's and they will not offer an help/support on you using another Router .. hope it helped, like it has helped me
      Last edited by GedNE; 31-03-07 at 12:56 PM. Reason: error

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Lisa.. may I ask do you have a dsl signal on your old ISP's router (if you had an old ISP)

THe reason I ask is I didn't have a dsl signal on my Sky Router but did on my old Madasafish Router.. so here's what I done (and a fair few are doing the same, so I hear)

Use this tool here within this post:
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/techn...matically.html

Once downloaded (it also need .net framework which is included).. I restarted PC and you'll see a new icon in your system tray. Right click and it will say among the many options,

Find Username/Password

And hey presto.. you'll have your Sky login details. However just so you are aware this is against Sky's T & C's and they will not offer an help/support on you using another Router .. hope it helped, like it has helped me
      Yes I have my own router and I've already tried that yesterday and today. I kept switching between the two in the hope that one would connect. I have my Sky username and Password also from a different tool I bookmarked before I came to this forum (http://therandomone.110mb.com/viewpage.php?page_id=8). No success. No ADSL light.

It's like they're not even sending the broadband down the line. I've had ADSL before with Tiscali and everything was fine. The only prob was Tiscali ceased the line rather than giving me my MAC code so it's taken forever to switch.

I may seem incredibly inpatient to some people on here. But I'm a photographer and I need to update my website as well as go on some photography forums I regularly visit. I haven't done that in almost a month now and business is slacking because of it

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I may seem incredibly inpatient to some people on here. But I'm a photographer and I need to update my website as well as go on some photography forums I regularly visit. I haven't done that in almost a month now and business is slacking because of it
      Ohh dear Lisa I do feel for you.. the worst thing is you acn't even complain and say its for work..as Sky state its not to be used for business purposes or whatever...

I really really do hope someone can help you or Sky get there finger out and resolve your nightmare...

I know its a long shot, but I presume you have tried connecting via the main telephone box?? .. I can't think of anything else for you to do other than put the pressure on Sky to get this moving.. maybe a more experienced sky member can help out here??

Wish you well and let us know when it gets resolved (hopefully VERY soon!!)

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just a thought Lisa.. have you called BT to ask what exactly is activated on your line?? Or perhpas check here and see what comes up...?

Or maybe BT's website, you'll need to register .. you can check orders on your line etc..

But a more experienced member would be able to advise you further...

And I don't think anyone thinks your impatient, you just like many others who just wanted a straight forward migration... yet were unlucky and it went (sounds like it anyway..) badly wrong! Good luck!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ohh dear Lisa I do feel for you.. the worst thing is you acn't even complain and say its for work..as Sky state its not to be used for business purposes or whatever...

I really really do hope someone can help you or Sky get there finger out and resolve your nightmare...

I know its a long shot, but I presume you have tried connecting via the main telephone box?? .. I can't think of anything else for you to do other than put the pressure on Sky to get this moving.. maybe a more experienced sky member can help out here??

Wish you well and let us know when it gets resolved (hopefully VERY soon!!)
      Thanks I only have 1 telephone line/box/socket in my house so using that. BT actually replaced it about 3 weeks ago and the wire from the overhead to inside my house as we had one of the 'through the window' boxes with no test socket and even a ringer haha. Needless to say it was totally corroded inside then.

I phoned Sky tech support again and more or less got the same answer to wait until Tuesday. I was more than a little cheesed off and demanded to talk with Tier 2 lol.

Man at Tier 2 was more than helpful and has identified the problem. They did a line test and apparently I'm supposed to hear some beeps down the line when they did that test. I didn't hear them so therefore he explained than there's something wrong and the signal isn't getting to me... meaning no broadband too.

They've raised a fault with BT at the exchange and said they were going to call me back within 48 hours. I really, really hope they do call me back. I've heard the stories about them not bothering to call back

Here's hoping to a quick fix and finally being able to go wireless again on my laptop *crosses fingers*

I also have a thread posted about this on the forum (Was your net connected on activation day?) I will post there from now on, so I'm not hijacking this thread anymore... oops!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast