Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cancelling Period

This is a discussion on Cancelling Period within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Apologies first if this is in the wrong section. Could someone please tell me how long you have to cancel ...

deetee89 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGHD
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cancelling Period

Apologies first if this is in the wrong section. Could someone please tell me how long you have to cancel Sky Broadband after installation. Is it from when your Sky connection is active ( Live ) or is it from the date your BT line is installed.

Sky telephoned last Wednesday to say the Broadband was now live. I tried to install but could not connect to the internet. The following day i phoned their tech help desk. They informed me it had been live since the Tuesday ( 20th Feb, but they did'nt tell us till the 21st Feb ). They went through various settings and it still did not work. Eventually they said the router was faulty and they'd send another which has still not arrived. My bro in law got it going on the Friday ( 23rd Feb ). The settings Sky were giving me were wrong.

Many thanks.
      Last edited by deetee89; 28-02-07 at 12:06 PM.

2. Advertisement
      sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cancelling Period

Quote Originally Posted by deetee89 View Post
      Apologies first if this is in the wrong section. Could someone please tell me how long you have to cancel Sky Broadband after installation. Is it from when your Sky connection is active ( Live ) or is it from the date your BT line is installed.

Sky telephoned last Wednesday to say the Broadband was now live. I tried to install but could not connect to the internet. The following day i phoned their tech help desk. They informed me it had been live since the Tuesday ( 20th Feb, but they did'nt tell us till the 21st Feb ). They went through various settings and it still did not work. Eventually they said the router was faulty and they'd send another which has still not arrived. My bro in law got it going on the Friday ( 23rd Feb ). The settings Sky were giving me were wrong.

Many thanks.
      8 day cooling off period from activation date, so you have until today

deetee89 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGHD
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cancelling Period

Thanks.
      We did'nt actually get round to cancelling our previous isp and telephone supplier, Telewest till yesterday. They asked why and who we'd gone to and how much we'd be paying, he then offered us a deal. Unlimited telephone, 4Mb broadband and all their tv channels including Sky sports and movies for 57 a month. At the moment we pay 37 just for Sky+.