Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Migrate From Sky??????

This is a discussion on Migrate From Sky?????? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello i was wondering how i Migrate from sky to go to Be Broadband? Thanks Lopster...

lopster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bridgeton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Migrate From Sky??????

Hello i was wondering how i Migrate from sky to go to Be Broadband?

Thanks Lopster

2. Advertisement
      gareth824 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Migrate From Sky??????

Just ring Sky on 0800 051 2595 and ask for your MAC. They have to give you a MAC now regardless of any money you may owe then or contract. It's up to them to dispute that later but they must give you the MAC.

I requested mine last week. They say between 3 to 5 days and for me it will be 5 days today so I'm hoping the letter has arrived when I get home but I very much doubt it if thier past performance is anything to go by.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

You need to contact Sky for a MAC code, however you will be in a 12 month contract with Sky. Unless I'm mistaken SkyBB has not been going for a year yet so you will almost certainly have to pay the balance of the contract before they will release you.
      cheers
      dave

Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      You need to contact Sky for a MAC code, however you will be in a 12 month contract with Sky. Unless I'm mistaken SkyBB has not been going for a year yet so you will almost certainly have to pay the balance of the contract before they will release you.
      cheers
      dave
      This is true - providing Sky has actually been providing the service. Contracts work both ways.

I had a similar issue with Tiscali years ago, but they had to drop the request for payment of balance after I sent documentary evidence to show they had not been providing what I was paying for. That did take me 2 months or so of calling them, waiting for callbacks, emailing etc etc to give them ample opportunity to rectify the problem. After 2 months of failing to do so, I sent a fax of all my documents to head office demanding my MAC code, release from contract and compensation, and got the lot.

So it is possible to get out of these contracts, if your willing to put the time into it, and have a genuine problem they cannot/will not resolve. Cruicially, you must docuemnt every time you call, email write etc etc.

I now do this as a matter of course when calling any BB provider, I just sit at the PC if possible when phoning and add it into a word doc, time, nature of call, who I spoke to, length of call etc etc. It may sound paranoid but if your having problems, this sort of evidnce gathering is the only way to get out of these contracts should you need to do so.
      Last edited by Draig; 27-02-07 at 03:20 AM.

Member5066 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gareth824 View Post
      Just ring Sky on 0800 051 2595 and ask for your MAC. They have to give you a MAC now regardless of any money you may owe then or contract. It's up to them to dispute that later but they must give you the MAC.

I requested mine last week. They say between 3 to 5 days and for me it will be 5 days today so I'm hoping the letter has arrived when I get home but I very much doubt it if thier past performance is anything to go by.

Did you get it?

gareth824 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Migrate From Sky??????

@ Member5066

Guess what??? No as predicted I didn't get anything apart from a letter saying I owed them money!!!

As you can imagine I was on the phone being very calm and I just got some ignorant tw$t telling me it could take 10 days even though both emails from customer relations state up to 5 days.

I asked why he was giving conflicting information and he just kept saying 10 days sir, 10 days sir to which I responded "What happens after 10 days when I don't receive it" to which he responded "You'll need to ring us back".

As you can imagine my blood was boiling by this point and a strange rash appeared on my forehead

It was then that the baddie/telephone advisor informed me that my MAC wasn't sent on the 21st as originally stated but on the 24th. So yet again I'm left waiting...

lopster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bridgeton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi well i called and they told me i must Write to sky and ask them? is this them fobbing me off? as i have read few have said they must give me a MAC

Im so confused please help

Lopster

sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Hi when I was with AOL my MAC code was sent to me with 24 hours by email, I think I have read some where they have to gave you your MAC code within three days by law I may stand corrected on this

sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks