Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I got the internet and ethernet light but no internet v_v

This is a discussion on I got the internet and ethernet light but no internet v_v within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by jonnyboy93 I had this same problem with the CHAP authentication failures when I was first connected. Firstly, ...

Parappa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: I got the internet and ethernet light but no internet v_v

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy93 View Post
      I had this same problem with the CHAP authentication failures when I was first connected.

Firstly, there is nothing wrong with the router that is making you get this. It is simply the RADIUS server (this checks your username and password, using the CHAP protocol) not having the correct details, and hence you are getting the authentication errors. tier 2 can do what they call a "Radius Check" and were able to tell me that my username and password had been rejected "several thousand times".

When this happened, they decided I needed a new router, as they couldnt change the details on the RADIUS server so it would accept my details "for data protection reasons". After having no luck explaining to them that I didnt need a new router, they just needed to get the details correct at their end and all would be fine I resigned myself to waiting for the new router. That was 2 weeks ago, and one has not yet turned up. However, a couple of days after saying that I needed the new router, the connection magically started working. Obviously someone with a bit of sense saw what was going on and got my details correct at their end!

Seeing as the original poster has got the 'internet' light on, and is getting the CHAP failures, then this would indicate that the line is fine, you just need to keep pestering support to sort it out at their end. Absolutely no need for another router!
      So what do I say to them when I phone them up? "There is something wrong with the login details for my router and it's something to do with the RADIUS server"?

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Update: Ok, spoke to them a few days ago and they found the problem and gonna send me a new router within a few days cause it was something about MAC addresses not matching up or something ^_^

Said 3-5 days, so I'm hoping...=)

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry guys I havent been on here that much >_< evjoying my internet which is back ^_^

My internets fixed...yay! and it was because I needed a new router believe it or not _ think it got fixed a few weeks ago

thanks so much to this forum, you've changed my life <_< >_> well...you've helped me very much

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

because I needed a new router believe it or not
      I shudder to think what Sky are paying out for duff routers. They never seem to ask for the old one to be sent back either, I can only assume that they are paying very little for them and it is just not worth the hassle.

paulcarrm9mx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tdbsolutions View Post
      I've phoned Sky countless times over the 2 months I have been signed up to the Max service but to no avail and I had constant disconnections UNTIL today when I came across this website.

Not only did my problem get fixed but I saved a lot of wear and tear on the slippers by downloading the Mosswell Bounce Router and dont have to keep wandering out into the hall to reboot.

I also checked my down and upload speeds which were :

Download 4447 kbps
      Upload 653 kbps

After downloading another reconmended bit of software the speeds are now :

Download 13168 kbps
      Upload 653 kbps

As I said earlier, you wont get a straight answer from TS and I would let the guys and gals on here help you solve those problems .....
      WHAT WAS THE PEICE OF SOFTWARE CALLED

paulcarrm9mx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

What Was The Software Called That Increased Your Speed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123