Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New to sky, issues, advice please

This is a discussion on New to sky, issues, advice please within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, Finally received my router today after my line was activated 4 days ago, so have been without Internet ...

crx16 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

New to sky, issues, advice please

Hi all,

Finally received my router today after my line was activated 4 days ago, so have been without Internet access since then. Migrated from F2S, seems I'm not the only one to have made this switch!
      Plugged the router in, all was well for 5 minutes, until i tried my laptop using wireless. It connects for a minute then just loses the wireless connection and reports none are available.
      Have had a look around here and guess that turning UPNP off may help?
      For now i have extracted my user/password and am using my old netgear router.
      I am on the max package, and my old router is only rated at 54mbps. From what i understand this doesnt really matter?
      Should i just use my old one or try to get the new router working correctly?
      Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Neil.
      Last edited by crx16; 23-02-07 at 08:35 PM.

2. Advertisement