Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

LLU Rollout & Contract questions

This is a discussion on LLU Rollout & Contract questions within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys, I am quite tempted to move shop to sky, but until my exchange has been LLU 'd with ...

Leaskovski Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

LLU Rollout & Contract questions

Hi Guys,

I am quite tempted to move shop to sky, but until my exchange has been LLU'd with their service, i am not going to go.

Anyway, 3 questions...

1) Do we have an LLU rollout sheet for sky or is all that hush hush?

2) When you take out Sky BB you are linked into a 12 month contract plus another 12 month contract with your Sky Digital service. What would happen if you move house within that 12 months period. Can you move the contract to the new address?

3) As i am still on normal sky digital, what happens if i want to upgrade to sky plus? Can i do this as i would now be in a 12 month contract for my current service?

Thanks all

2. Advertisement
      hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Hi Leaskovski and welcome to the site.

1) go to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php Sam knows have information on what is enabled and what is scheduled to be enabled.

2) I would speak to Sky directly about that. I would imagine as long as you do not need to downgrade the services within contract when you move you should be able to take it with you.

3)Sky should let you upgrade no problem, I am not sure as to whether Sky PLus take up kicks of another year under contract.

Sorry I don't have all the answers, but this is off the top of my head as I am at work right now.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Leaskovski

It would be a good idea for you to register with us it will make following any posts you make a lot easier.

Ok there isn't a list as such but if you goto www.samknows.com and enter you details for the area you live in it will show you whats going on and you can also register your email address for your exchange and it will keep you advised when there are any changes.

You will only be tied into a 12 month contract with SkyBB.

If you go to Sky Plus you will have to start a new 12 month contract with that service if you are intending to have multi room as well you would be better of having all done at the same time.

Hope this helps even a little
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      hehehe

Beaten to the punch by hugsie
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      LOL, Better 2 answers than none at all!

Lawman Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Quote Originally Posted by Leaskovski View Post
      Hi Guys,

Anyway, 3 questions...

1) Do we have an LLU rollout sheet for sky or is all that hush hush?

2) When you take out Sky BB you are linked into a 12 month contract plus another 12 month contract with your Sky Digital service. What would happen if you move house within that 12 months period. Can you move the contract to the new address?

3) As i am still on normal sky digital, what happens if i want to upgrade to sky plus? Can i do this as i would now be in a 12 month contract for my current service?

Thanks all

I can answer question 3 for you, as it was one I asked sky myself, as well as being able to buy out your contract, if desired,

If you move home, for the sum of 40 sky will move your broadband to your new address (bearing in mind that the exchanged would need to be LLU enabled), they Will also supply and fit a new Sky Dish, at the new premises.

and before you ask, you can buy out your broadband contract, if you decided sky SkyBB was not for you, how much you pay depends on, length of contract still to run.