Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky connect speed

This is a discussion on Sky connect speed within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi benn on sky connect package now for a couple of months and i have benn very disaponted with it, ...

bigdan676 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Sky connect speed

Hi
      benn on sky connect package now for a couple of months and i have benn very disaponted with it, i used to get about 1MB download speed when i first installed it, but now it's gone down to about 380Kbps,
      I live in Alvaston, Derby and i am 3.7miles from the exchange.

Attenuation.............Approximate Line Length............Potential Connection Speed
      32db...................................2.3km...... ...............................16000kbps
      35db...................................2.5km...... ...............................14500kbps
      40db...................................2.9km...... ...............................11800kbps
      45db...................................3.2km...... .................................8500kbps
      50db...................................3.6km...... .................................6500kbps
      55db...................................4.0km...... .................................4500kbps
      60db...................................4.3km...... .................................3200kbps
      65db...................................4.7km...... .................................2000kbps

If this speed doesn't improve would it be worth be changing ISP or wait until the sky max package is available in my area, to see if the speed improves.

Any advice would be greatful
      Thanks very much

2. Advertisement
      sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky connect speed

Hi Bigdan you will have to stay with sky for 12 months if you have passed the 10 day cooling off period,I'm on connect get 6mb DL speed on the tests, Saturday is the person you want to ask and a few others they are pretty clued up on all them figures cos i ain't