Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sky MAC???

This is a discussion on Sky MAC??? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; ive been using this site for a very long time now, i just change around my username every so often. ...

Wont Be Named is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky MAC???

ive been using this site for a very long time now, i just change around my username every so often. all im saying is make sure you know what your talking about before saying it.

2. Advertisement
      gareth824 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I agree with sc0tsman,

He can only go off what information he has been provided. It boils down to lazy management at Sky not making sure this information is passed on to each individual.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I'll just wait and see what happens with the MAC and then report back.

SLYBROADBAND is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thats old news Scotsman, check the information screen in Chordiant, as there is a message saying that new ofcom regs require sky to give everyone MAC code whether they are LLu or not.

Are you saying that that message is wrong, why would sky tell its employees
      this if they are not going to actually comply with it?

Just because a customer is LLU, doesnt mean a MAC cannot be generated, it can, it just means the customer may have a limited choice of other providers to switch to as some internet providers cannot accept LLU MACS, yet!

intheknow! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well said Sly!!

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SLYBROADBAND View Post
      Thats old news Scotsman, check the information screen in Chordiant, as there is a message saying that new ofcom regs require sky to give everyone MAC code whether they are LLu or not.

Are you saying that that message is wrong, why would sky tell its employees
      this if they are not going to actually comply with it?

Just because a customer is LLU, doesnt mean a MAC cannot be generated, it can, it just means the customer may have a limited choice of other providers to switch to as some internet providers cannot accept LLU MACS, yet!
      I know all fine and well about the new ruling and also know that a MAC from SKY would be totally useless for an LLU 2 LLU transfer.

With the exeption of BE broadband i have never heard of anyone succesfully going bettween LLU suppliers with a MAC code.

I also know that anyone can get a MAC code from SKY no matter what package they are on but a simple bit of advice explaining that a SKY MAC would be no good and i get slaughtered on here for it.

My advice may well have been ill informed to a certain degree but i still stand by what i said as far as LLU 2 LLU migrations go as it seems only BE bb accept them as of now.

lomaxgr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Broomhill
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well ive just been told my MAC code will be sent in the post, luckily enough im migrating to BE so looking good

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: Sky MAC??? UPDATE

Guess what? Yes Sky failed to provide me with a MAC. Here are the emails direct from Sky to say that my MAC had been requested:

24th Feb

Thank you for your e-mail regarding cancellation of Broadband services, I can confirm that from the date of this e-mail your Broadband subscription has been cancelled. Also, I have placed a request for a Mac Code to be issued for you which you will receive within 5 working days.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and have credited your billing account with 30.00 (GBP), this involves a good will gesture for 20.00 (GBP) and 10.00 (GBP) for your loss of subscription losses for the month of February. This has been credited to your Sky account and will be off set in your future bill.

I trust this action meets your approval. Should you have any further enquires please do not hesitate to contact us on the email address above or you could also contact our Customer Services on 08702 40 40 40.

Yours sincerely

David Rae

Customer Relations

--

I called Sky around 2 days ago to ask why I had not received anything and I was told to wait a few more days! Called again this afternoon and was told more bull so I threw a massive wobbly on the phone and was passed to a nice Scottish girl who was polite and seemed to know what she was talking about.

She told me that the moron who requested my MAC had infact ceased the service on the same day which voids the MAC request. So I now have to wait for a cease on my line which she said could take around 30 days!

As you can imagine I'm not a happy Sky customer

nobroadband is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southminster
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Bt Wholesale told me yesterday a cease order takes them at most 10 days (after they get the cease order ).I just hope sky have really sent me a Mac code & I don't need to get a cease on the line like you .

hobgoblin46 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hampton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had a somewhat surprising experience with Sky MAC codes... I finally cancelled Sky broadband a week ago yesterday after almost 3 months of trying to get connected, they promised me a MAC code within 5 working days. A cease order was placed on my line, but no MAC code arrived. Then Friday evening I had an unprompted phone call from Sky (I've given up calling and was waiting for the cease to complete) and a nice lady read out my MAC code. BE accepted it and I'll be activated a week tomorrow So it appears that LLU MAC codes do work even after the cease order has been placed. Still not sure why Sky have suddenly had an attack of providing customer service though

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

@ hobgoblin46

SNAP...I received a call at weekend from Sky which was on my answerphone saying they had my MAC so I called them back because I thought it was a mistake as they already told me a cease order had been submitted but somehow they managed to generate a MAC and BE has accepted mine and have given me the 12th March as my activation date

What's more strange is I have just walked into the room where my PC is only to notice that the green ADSL light is now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i must be connected to Sky as I dont have the login details for BE yet. So it looks like Sky have finally sorted my problem a week before I'm due to leave...how nice of them. I'm getting over 10meg speeds to. Oh well I'll use it while I've got it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast