Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sky MAC???

This is a discussion on Sky MAC??? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by sc0tsman I know 100% what I am talking about and I also know the new OFCOM ruling ...

gareth824 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky MAC???

Quote Originally Posted by sc0tsman View Post
      I know 100% what I am talking about and I also know the new OFCOM ruling as of last week. A MAC code CAN be supplied from any provider but getting one from an LLU line is as good as a chocolate kettle.

Anyone on an LLU line must have there service completely closed down and then an additional 3-5 days for the line to be cleared in order for any other provider to go on that line.

I know exactly what I am talking about and without being hasty if I were you I would seek advise on this matter before mis-informing everyone.
      Actually Sc0tsman it appears you are wrong. Both Sky and BE have confirmed that MAC's are now given on LLU from 14th Feb. The Sky service is ceased after BE take over the line according to BE. I don't know how this works but there are people on the BE forums that have been through the process and it was a success.

Hopefully I will be on BE soon and rid of these W@n&e%3

2. Advertisement
      sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

FULL STORY HERE

“It's clear some LLU to LLU switching will not be fully resolved... as several providers have not agreed how to process MAC codes from other LLU providers," Lloyd said.

However, Ofcom suggested that that only a very small number of customers are likely to be affected by this.

"To put it in context, there are more than 16 million broadband lines in the UK and about one million are LLU lines at this stage. The majority of traffic on migrations is people who have been on a non-LLU service for a while and now might be looking at LLU," an Ofcom spokesman told Web User.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hmm I already seen that story. The fact is that LLU providers it seems are now starting to support migrations. To be honest I don't think it will be as quick as a BT migration as they are quoting 10 to 14 days but if I ceased the service with Sky how long would I have to wait for thier tag to be moved...1 week...1month...1year...who knows

I think this way will be much quicker and make the while process smoother for more people. I'm not getting any service from Sky whotsoever so it makes no difference to me.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gareth824 View Post
      Actually Sc0tsman it appears you are wrong. Both Sky and BE have confirmed that MAC's are now given on LLU from 14th Feb. The Sky service is ceased after BE take over the line according to BE. I don't know how this works but there are people on the BE forums that have been through the process and it was a success.

Hopefully I will be on BE soon and rid of these W@n&e%3
      Not entirely m8, if someone demands a MAC then by law they must receive it altho it would do them no good, [see chocolate kettle ]

Their are MAC Codes and thier are LLU Mac codes. SKY does not have the facilty to provide LLU Mac codes as yet and very few companies have the facility to enter them.

intheknow! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

strange that!! not!

was sitting next to colleague last week at work who got a call from a max package cust wanting to leave sky bb, within there 8day cooling period and had changed their mind, a MAC code was generated on the system going thru KMS so it can be done and is done.
      Quote Originally Posted by sc0tsman View Post
      Not entirely m8, if someone demands a MAC then by law they must receive it altho it would do them no good, [see chocolate kettle ]

Their are MAC Codes and thier are LLU Mac codes. SKY does not have the facilty to provide LLU Mac codes as yet and very few companies have the facility to enter them.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

intheknow!, I never said it can't be done all I said was that a MAC from or to SKY is useless. And btw whereabouts on KMS is the MAC code process I know their is a facility to request one within KMS but as far as instantly generating one within KMS that's new to me. ??

PS. SKY only provide MAC codes NOT LLU Mac codes, they are completely different.
      Last edited by sc0tsman; 22-02-07 at 10:22 AM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

you type in the search box thing in kms, can only do it if u are registered to order the mac code.

mac will be generated and sent in post 3-5 working days

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intheknow! View Post
      you type in the search box thing in kms, can only do it if u are registered to order the mac code.

mac will be generated and sent in post 3-5 working days
      I know exactly where it is just that the way you were talking it looked like you passed the MAC on instantly.

What my point is, is that a MAC could can be passed on from SKY but it is totally useless and the BB sales dept advise customers this as there line has to be ceased then cleared down before any other BB provider can access it.

PS, KMS access all areas pass

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well Michael Ritchie from Customer Relations was dealing with my enquiry. He's the one that told me that the MAC was being sent. I've just emailed him with a link to this thread to see if he can clarify the situation.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

so ur sales department then?

for the mac codes, u had to register on it on the system.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast