Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Question time!

This is a discussion on Question time! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Eh up people... I have an activation date for the 7th Sept, I went for the max package but on ...

Adder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question time!

Eh up people...

I have an activation date for the 7th Sept, I went for the max package but on my current ISP i can only get 6mb speed... Will it change with LLU?

I'm 1 km from the exchange.

Got all the letters and e mail sorted, checked my BT orders and all is going as planned, but, still no router.....
      So..Will LLU be faster than the usual adsl? And should I star panicking about the no router yet?

Cheers
      Adder
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 04-09-06 at 04:06 PM.

2. Advertisement
      OhNoes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sidcup (LSSID)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Assuming that your old ISP was using BT ADSLMAX, LLU ADSL2+ should give you an increase. Are you able to post your line stats? We should be able to give an estimate once we know your att/snr

StuBlad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
      Eh up people...

I have an activation date for the 7th Sept, I went for the max package but on my current ISP i can only get 6mb speed... Will it change with LLU?

I'm 1 km from the exchange.

Got all the letters and e mail sorted, checked my BT orders and all is going as planned, but, still no router.....
      So..Will LLU be faster than the usual adsl? And should I star panicking about the no router yet?

Cheers
      Adder
      It'd probably be best to give Sky a bell and ask where the router is. I'm in almost exactly the same boat as you but I'm due to be activated tommorow and still no router lol.

Checked my BT orders too and it shows up but it won't let me view the details for some reason.

Ah well, at least things are coming along now heh

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Adder

Would you mind registering as it will make things a lot easier to keep up with any followups you may want to post thanks.

I am surprised they never said anything about the possible speed you were able to get when they ran the line test they told me 15mb but in theory you should get a lot more speed, I would also suggest you ring them as a number of people on here have reported that there routers haven't shown up.

I guess if you do get activated on 7th Sept you will know for sure as long as your router appears that is

Good luck anyway
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site StuBlad

Please to see things are progressing for you and yep the BT it does that quite a lot just go back in a little more often it will show up in the end.

Good luck.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Adder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

More on router...or not on route lol

Rang Sky today regarding the no router, apperently no one had ordered it for me......They reckon that when BT aggree to install sky at the exchange the router should automatically be sent out but that didn't happen (as with many other routers the bloke said) so now they are ordering the routers manually.
      I have got to ring back on Thursday (my activation day) to see when it will arrive.......I recommend anyone who has not got their router to ring this number:
      08705 515515 option 4 then option 1 and ask them to resend.
      I very much doubt it will arive by Thursday so thats dial up for me for a few days at least grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
      Last edited by Adder; 04-09-06 at 04:13 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks for the heads up Adder

I have created a sticky post with the info you supplied.
      Ray

click here

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      But it is a great distraction, when you are stuck at work on activation day!

brucemac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Shields
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Too much i was so eager to get home, only to spend all night waiting for it!