Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Taking the plunge! F2S to Sky

This is a discussion on Taking the plunge! F2S to Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; You are both correct but like any contract it can be broken as long as you are willing to pay ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You are both correct but like any contract it can be broken as long as you are willing to pay the outstanding monies owed on it but for more info look here Cancelling
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      Duke748 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Still no Mac code from F2s. Possibly up to Wednesday if it's 5 working days as i requested last Thursday

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      No Mac code from F2s as of this morning. Just got bored of hanging on the phone for 45 mins so gave up.

Anyone got any suggestions of how I can get it off them ?

Just glad I've never had any problems with the service in the past if this is the standard I would have had to put up with !

MJMoore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dartford
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I haven't had mine either... but then I'm not sure whether I want to move to Sky any more.

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      i asked for my mac code a while ago.... 8 business days have now passed and still nothing

to top it off my code i was sent by sky to register with has now expired!!

tad p!ssed off as my mates registered interest with sky and havent heard anything back for ages... so now ill be back behind them!

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Another fruitless 30 mins on the phone with no one picking up - Thank god it's work paying for it.

I did manage to get through this morning ( Only 15 mins kept waiting for them to answer - a new record ) but the line kept cutting in and out and we couldn't understand each other so I had to ring back

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

If the sky service turns out to be poor I wont be migrating back to f2s. They can stick it where the sun don't shine

markbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallasey LVWAL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      I migrated from TalkTalk to F2S in March, then got my MAC to go to first Orange (which I cancelled but still got sent a router?) then a month later asked for a new MAC to go to Sky.
      Strange thing was, unlike everyone else on the planet I got my MAC while I was actually on the phone, and it was also emailed to me before I'd hung up.
      Migrated customers were on a monthly contract so maybe that made a difference?
      I also wish F2S had got their phone system sorted out though. Every time I got through to customer service the damn thing cut out for about one second in every eight. No good for reading out a MAC number!

ghopson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maidenhead
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Try emailing them

I have requested 2 MAC codes from F2S in the past 12 months, both times via email, and had a response either the same day (within 10 minutes!) or the next day. The people manning the trouble ticket system are obviously more clued in that the telephone operatives. Email:

sales@freedom2surf.net

And I was also a member of the f2s.com site, and registered my own trouble ticket.

HTH,
      geoff

MJMoore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dartford
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've decided not to move to sky for now. But.. I replied to f2s's email on Monday, and still no MAC.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well I finally got my Mac code today .............. 13 days after 1st requesting it

Unfortuantely 2 days after my sky code expired ( I forgot to call them to keep it open )

On the face of it a lucky swerve on sky. Gonna try Be instead of F2s seeing as they stitched me over the Mac

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast