Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Confused by Sky broadband

This is a discussion on Confused by Sky broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; When I heard someone who ordered sky broadband had been waiting for a long time (months) to get the line ...

norwaynumen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Confused by Sky broadband

When I heard someone who ordered sky broadband had been waiting for a long time (months) to get the line connected, I did not believe this. But now, I do believe.

After obtaining MAC code form my former ISP, I ordered sky digital TV package and sky broadband max on 18th Jan. On 22nd Feb, I received a letter form sky said that my broadband would get connected in 10-15 days. I have been waiting for nearly a month, nothing is coming. I called sky custom service several times, they just transferred the call to different departments. One of them did not let me finish then hung up !! When I called again and again, finally they told me that they would investigate into this affair, I have to keep waiting........

What can I do?! I wonder about how long it takes normally, the sky broadband will go active after order. What about you guys?

Edit: norwaynumen - please do not post using all large text.
      Last edited by Saturday; 17-02-07 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Removed large text

2. Advertisement
      susie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Confused by Sky broadband

I moved into my new house on 9 January and tried to co-ordinate all my TV/phone/internet services. Sky were fine on the TV front - this was up and running on the 10th. Telephone service - no problem. Internet was activated 12 February so, to my mind, quite a long wait although part of this was down to BT and getting a tag removed and then the line activated. After a month I would have thought you'd have made more progress than you have, but given other problems I have experienced since activation I think with hindsight I might have opted for another ISP anyway.
      Danger! Idiot at work.

yodasarmpit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You may have a problem as a MAC is only valid for 30 days, after which you will need to get a new one from your current ISP.
      If as it seems Sky have screwed up your order, you may have to go through the process again.

Most people are migrated in a week or so, I was. So the fact it has taken this long would suggest there was a problem.

tomd84 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: I bet you would like to know!
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I was migrated in 6 days, that must be a first for sky!