Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

This is a discussion on What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Is it just me, or are other connect users wondering if or when we will ever get the upgrade to ...

simonh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBURTO
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

Is it just me, or are other connect users wondering if or when we will ever get the upgrade to base/mid/max? I mean come on, my exchange has had skys gear since back in mid december. I believe other exchanges were enabled much earlier. the sky site tells me I can choose from base, mid or max but when I try to upgrade it is not so easy. We all know the stories we hear when we try to get off connect (have you received a letter?, that will take effect within 4 hours etc).

Remember, had you signed up now, you would be on max.

lets have a show of hands. who is prepared to join me in an email sky day? we need a show of strength.

yes, I know that its (apparently) in skys best interest to have us using their equipment but why have we not had any explanation or apology as to why we have not been upgraded. bear in mind that most of us only signed up for connect as a stepping stone to max.

I for one am not prepared to wait indefinitely. who is with me?

edit: from skys 'terms and conditions section 1.f':
      "The Connect Product will only be offered to you if your Line cannot be connected to our
      network. if sky.com check availability says 'base/mid/max' then your line CAN be connected to their network . If you have the Connect Product and it becomes possible to connect your
      Line to our network, we may do this automatically why may? why not we will? and you will be placed on the Mid
      Product and charged at its standard rate (which will not exceed the rate for Connect
      and will provide at least the equivalent service) why has this not happened?. We will notify you of this change. when exactly? If
      you wish to choose another Product, you can do so by calling us within one calendar
      month of notice from us of the change."

bold = my comments
      Last edited by simonh; 16-02-07 at 11:23 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

I would be with you but my exchange has not been upgraded as yet and to be honest I am more than happy with the way things are at the moment with my connection so when the time comes and Sky do get their equipment in my exchange I will not be harrasing them to get put onto the Mid product.

gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am in a similar position to simonh. Exchange was bundled on the 21st dec and after numerous calls still nothing. When I rang in just after new years I was told it would be sorted by the end of the month. Rang a few weeks ago and still they couldn't give me an answer. What really gets me is that if i was told there could be a delay when i signed up for connect, I wouldn't have bothered and instead of just waited.

ALso it seems there more interested in signing up new customers than looking after there existing ones has I know of a few people being moved straight onto the mid package from scratch at my exchange while I am still in limbo.

If nothing happens by next week then I will call again and not be so polite this time, and have a real go at them.

Goodluck with this simonh

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

A fix will kick in on Mar 3rd for all people currently on Connect to transfer to the Mid package and everyone will receive notification asking whether they want to remain on mid or up/downgrade.

ALLEGEDLY

Plusnet suck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have been trying to get changed over to Max since November i think finally got through to someone who seemed to know what they were doing as an order for LLU line share appeared on the Bt website on 12th Feb sadly i have only just found this out as i am still syncing at the standard Bt connect rate , will be ringing them later today to find out what needs doing to give me the proper Max package.

alyt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cardiff
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

im still on connect to and my exchange has been unbundled

hardhousehead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hardingstone
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

On the sky site it said my exchange will not get unbundled by sky but when I signed up for connect end of january they said it will so now i stuck on connect.

simonh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBURTO
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

if your exchange has not been sky/easynet LLU enabled then sadly there is little you can do. for those of us who signed up for connect, and whose exchanges are now offering new customers base, mid or max we can point out that sky is breaching the terms under which we agreed our contracts. look at my first post and understand that sky clearly states:

"The Connect Product will only be offered to you if your Line cannot be connected to our network".

you must email sky pointing out that your line CAN be connected to their network if sky/easynet has installed their equipment in your exchange. Hammer the point home. lets not miss the point that breach of contract has already occurred on skys part.

gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I will be ringing sky tomorrow and if anything comes up, i will post the info in here.

UKHack is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Trowbridge
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

When I spoke to Customer Services/Sales about two weeks ago they told me that an email had come round recently within Sky explaining that a series of automatic moves will be taking place in March - I was asked to hold tight until then.

I'm not too bothered about being on Connect at the moment, as I tend to stay under the 40GB limit and I'm just happy with 8MB down! When Sky move me across then it'll just feed my Linux habit and I'll be able to sample some more distros!

Cheers,

Andy

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast